I was wondering

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
throwaway9000

26 Dec 2015 16:57

Hi guys.

I at a forum not the first day and I was wondering are you fluent in English use Google Translator?

P.S. Admins, please do not delete this topic.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

26 Dec 2015 17:09

I don't use Google translate. English is like a second language to me. When I'm speaking English, I even think in English.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

throwaway9000

26 Dec 2015 17:14

And how long did it take to learn the language to such a level?

Horizon™
Developer

26 Dec 2015 20:14

I am not very fluent in English language, but that is my 2nd language - Mainly using it for the ProMods stuff - communicating with the team, and so on; also, in the past few months I started to think in English, not in my own language.
---
Well, I learned the language in the school, excluding some time in the foreign country; watched lots of English-Speaking YouTube channels - that definitely improved my skills; started to avoid watching Top Gear in Lithuanian, and tried to watch it in English.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

blademight

26 Dec 2015 21:55

English is my 3rd launguage ( Russian 2nd ) and I not very fluent English. Basically, I use English for communication on this forum, but for several days I watch movies and TV shows in English witch subtitles and I try improve my skill :)
:D :) :lol: :lol: :) :D

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

26 Dec 2015 22:07

throwaway9000 wrote:And how long did it take to learn the language to such a level?
Well, in the Netherlands you basically grow up with English. I've been watching English TV shows since the age of 6, and I've always changed the default language of any TV/PC software to English. Just because it looks better.
In NL you learn English at school starting at 10 years of age, and it will continue on Highschool and even university (most of the time).
So, in general, you grow up with the English language when you live in the Netherlands. Therefor I never understand how Dutch people can be that poor at English they need a Dutch translation for the installation of ProMods..... :lol:
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

blademight

26 Dec 2015 22:22

Volleybal4life wrote: Well, in the Netherlands you basically grow up with English. I've been watching English TV shows since the age of 6, and I've always changed the default language of any TV/PC software to English. Just because it looks better.
In NL you learn English at school starting at 10 years of age, and it will continue on Highschool and even university (most of the time).
So, in general, you grow up with the English language when you live in the Netherlands. Therefor I never understand how Dutch people can be that poor at English they need a Dutch translation for the installation of ProMods..... :lol:
My friends lives in the Netherlands and he told me that there nearly 75-80 percent of people fluent speak English, expecially in big cities. :)

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2015 00:03

Which is very true indeed. In NL is knowledge of the English language mandatory to succeed high-school.
Weekly driving vids

No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

Rocar 512E

27 Dec 2015 01:02

I have been knowing English since the kindergarten. My mum brought me a book called "My first words of English" and i've kept learning it thanks to the internet and books. For me it's sometimes very hard to translate from romanian to english and backwards. And it's also te express myself in english too, but people understand me.

Westwood255
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2015 02:29

As in the Netherlands, English is a very common second language in Denmark. It's only among the elderly that you would find any who doesn't know a word English in Denmark. I've been learning English since 9 or 10 years of age. But just a little more than a year ago, Danish children start to learn English as 6 or 7 years old.

I can't really find information about it, but doesn't most European countries teach English as a mandatory subject in the primary schools? It would be really interesting to hear, if especially the former Eastern-Block countries do teach English in primary schools.
927 hours of Euro Truck Simulator 2 played

Profile 1:
HQ: Berlin [DE]
Level 58 (Legend)
Distance driven: 242.241 km

Profile 2:
HQ: København [DK]
Level 39 (Elite)
Distance driven: 119.594 km

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information