Hungary Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
JohnBart
Donation rank:

06 Jul 2020 13:44

No, there will be no changes in the Hajdú-Bihar area for 2.50.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

ro.gaming26

06 Jul 2020 16:32

but in further it will be possible i think next year google street view will be avaible on A3-M4
Satu-Mare România Image

JohnBart
Donation rank:

06 Jul 2020 20:21

Well, it's not about Google Maps or other resources to check. It's simply that no one is working in East-Hungary and Romania now, and this likely won't change in the future either for several reasons:

1.) With the current road network (stretches of the M35, 4 and 42) in place, there is just no space left for the M35-M4 corridor between Debrecen and Santăul Mare. If we wanted to represent it, we'd need to demolish and rebuild the majority of the current road network which is not feasible.
2.) The Debrecen area was just recently rebuilt by PapierSUHD, while Romania is brand new due to the RttBS DLC. Working on such recent areas is typically not a priority for the team.

Since I'm not a mapper, the above is just my two cents, though.
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.

Shiva

07 Jul 2020 18:14

ro.gaming26, is there any newspages about this?
Or project pages?
Something else than http://www.130km.ro/a3_en.html
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Shiva

08 Jul 2020 16:43

Cheers :)
2nd link I would need to do a forum search to find the information necessary.
1st link. Borş II border crossing, opening in september 2020.
I have no clue if Promods will replace Borş I with Borş II in the future.
Only one of those can fit ingame.
Maybe someday in the future, when A3 in Romania is complete?
And if there is a mapper that wants to do it?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

krmarci

13 Jul 2020 17:54

I have seen that the Route Advisor displays the regional name and flag on entering for some countries. I would really like to see this for Hungary as well.
You can find our county flags here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_ ... ns#Hungary

Uniban

18 Jul 2020 12:29

Hello. I would like to ask if there is any possibility of the road M86 leading to Szombáthely and from there south through Körmend to the Slovenian border? And if there was a possibility to take a shortcut through Lenti (not going through Slovenia) on the M70, which I want to ask if can be added too, it would be golden. Or it isn't possible due to the Austrian highway that is east of there, I think it's A2?
EDIT: The Austrian highway is west of course, not east. My bad.
Last edited by Uniban on 20 Jul 2020 15:59, edited 1 time in total.

JohnBart
Donation rank:

20 Jul 2020 00:48

krmarci wrote:
13 Jul 2020 17:54
I have seen that the Route Advisor displays the regional name and flag on entering for some countries. I would really like to see this for Hungary as well.
You can find our county flags here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_ ... ns#Hungary
Currently, this feature is considered only for larger countries (e.g. Germany, Sweden, Poland, Russia, etc.), and the member countries of the UK (e.g. Wales, Scotland, and so on). Unfortunately, Hungary is too small in-game - regional pop-ups would most likely appear too frequently if we were to define all counties that are modelled in the mod.
Uniban wrote:Hello. I would like to ask if there is any possibility of the road M86 leading to Szombáthely and from there south through Körmend to the Slovenian border? And if there was a possibility to take a shortcut through Lenti (not going through Slovenia) on the M70, which I want to ask if can be added too, it would be golden. Or it isn't possible due to the Austrian highway that is east of there, I think it's A2?
We are planning to reveal the work done in Hungary in a blog entry in the near future. ;)

Audi1merc2
Donation rank:

20 Jul 2020 15:18

Regional popups are really annoying, does anyone have any way to disable regional popups?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information