Cities: Skylines discussion

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
pauliaxz
Donation rank:

28 Dec 2015 18:07

Disabled all mods, then did long mod testing by enabling 4 new mods each time.. In the end I enabled every mod again as it was before(except Metro/Train Swap because I don't need it atm) and everything works OK! However, one test was a failure when new 4 mods enabled caused same problems, I then enabled one by one (just left out Metro/Train swap) and it was successful.
It seems illogical to me that a tiny and unimportant mod like Metro/Train swap could cause any problem. I don't say it does, haven't tested actually. Maybe game did some recaching while having all mods disabled and now it works well.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

29 Dec 2015 17:38

pauliaxz wrote:Disabled all mods, then did long mod testing by enabling 4 new mods each time.. In the end I enabled every mod again as it was before(except Metro/Train Swap because I don't need it atm) and everything works OK! However, one test was a failure when new 4 mods enabled caused same problems, I then enabled one by one (just left out Metro/Train swap) and it was successful.
It seems illogical to me that a tiny and unimportant mod like Metro/Train swap could cause any problem. I don't say it does, haven't tested actually. Maybe game did some recaching while having all mods disabled and now it works well.
No clue tbh, but my city was gone, I couldn't click out of anything and info panels we're off completely. I noticed people reporting the same problem on Steam Workshop. Disabling Building Themes fixed it after tedious hours of enabling and disabling mods.

cristakey
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2016 20:22

What can I do to solve this drinking water problem?
https://youtu.be/A0Qn-SE2HzM

pauliaxz
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2016 20:42

Check pollution levels

cristakey
Donation rank:

17 Jan 2016 15:49

pauliaxz wrote:Check pollution levels
Yes, some water pipes are polluted. I removed factories near there and I planted some trees but the area is still polluted; what can I do?

http://i.imgur.com/AdCthSD.jpg

martinusK

17 Jan 2016 16:58

Move your water towers to a secluded area as fast as possible.
I dont know if this mechanic is even included in the game, but it would be smart to disconnect water pipes in the area aswell.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

pauliaxz
Donation rank:

17 Jan 2016 18:14

If you have made a mainstream pipe (all pipes are connected to this pipe so every cubic meter of water goes trough that pipe) which is polluted, so then all pipes transport polluted water from that mainstream pipe to other locations. If it really is as I say, you should completely rebuild your water pipe system. If not, make sure you removed polluting buildings and wait some time for polluted water to vanish from existing places.

cristakey
Donation rank:

17 Jan 2016 19:59

Martinus Kundla wrote:Move your water towers to a secluded area as fast as possible.
I dont know if this mechanic is even included in the game, but it would be smart to disconnect water pipes in the area aswell.
Because they were polluted, I have isolated them from the water pipes that goes to people's houses.
pauliaxz wrote:If all you have made a mainstream pipe (all pipes are connected to this pipe so every cubic meter of water goes trough that pipe) which is polluted, so then all pipes transport polluted water from that mainstream pipe to other locations. If it really is as I say, you should completely rebuild your water pipe system. If not, make sure you removed polluting buildings and wait some time for polluted water to vanish from existing places.
Yes, thanks. I have redesigned all the water-pipe pattern as well.
Now the problem's solved

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

17 Jan 2016 20:10

Yeah you wouldn't want your city to turn into Flint, Michigan which currently has yellow tap water and 100s of people being sent to the hospital:
Sorry for off topic

Edit: cool 500 posts :)
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Rocar 512E

18 Jan 2016 00:55

That must be pee water

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information