Would like to understand more about buglist

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

26 Jan 2016 06:59

Hi all

I am pretty new to ETS2. I bought DLC Going East and Scandinavia, and installed ProMods 2.00. I'm running the OSX version of ETS2 on El Capitan with loads of memory and a fairly capable NVIDIA card.

Anyway, my campaign is going well, I'm accumulating money with Quick Jobs, etc. Then I ran into (literally) the Invisible Wall Across the A27 near Portsmouth. Ouch! A couple of hours of intense real-world time wasted there, I could not get past that barrier to go to Cardiff and complete my delivery. Had to roll back to an earlier autosave and take a different job entirely. I guess I could have navigated around it, I would have arrived late and paid the late penalty but at least completed the job... didn't think of that at the time.

In investigating this bug I found the list (see link at top of this forum) and observed that some bugs are shown in green and some in red. Does this mean that "green" bugs have been fixed? Or are understood?

Any idea when there might be a new release with bug fixes? The "force field across the A27" is kind of a major issue :-) I have also encountered the occasional "road sign in the middle of the lane" but they did not really interfere with gameplay (I just run them over!)... but this invisible barrier preventing me from reaching my destination was a nasty surprise!
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

ScuL
Founder

26 Jan 2016 07:18

The intention with the colours of the buglist was to indicate what the current status was of each and every bug, unfortunately this quickly became cumbersome to maintain and therefore it no longer holds any value.

As for invisible walls, they are an unfortunate consequence of the way that road pieces work in ETS2, and are usually caused by a road piece interfering with the "protective boundary" which prevents the player from leaving the playing world (and fall into the void). As much as we attempt to prevent these walls there is always a risk that one of them can occur due to a setting on a road element or an object.

The best way to play around them is to teleport your truck, in order to do so you can enable the console mode in the config and then use the freecam and deposit your truck on the other side of the "wall". This way you can finish your job without any interruption.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

27 Jan 2016 00:40

Hi ScuL, thanks for the note. I am relatively new to the game and was not familiar with freecam and teleportation. I guessed there must be a dev console, because most other 3d open worlds have one (HL, Portal etc) but I have not explored it till now.

I immediately tried your advice. Reverted to a fairly recent autosave, drove just a few K then *gently* rolled up to the glass wall on the A27 (now I know where it is!)... BONK. Then I used the keypad to steer the freecam past the wall, got down as close to the road as I could and F9'd my truck past the barrier and into freedom! Dropped it a foot or two but no damage done. Great workaround.

Gee, if I freecam'd up a few hundred feet and then dropped my truck, would it splat? Nasty thought.

I dunno why ETS2 is so addictive but it really is... ta for the tip, and I will continue to enjoy promods while waiting patiently yet eagerly for the next patch release.
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information