Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Horizon™
Developer

04 Apr 2016 10:10

Well, racing teams might 'own' their own trucks to do transportation.

As Nico stated, Nurburgring is in the very crowded part of the map. It is more possible to make Top Gear Track than that racetrack.

Also, it is a trucking game, not a racing game like Project Cars and others, so forget about seeing that in the ETS2, and just start playing a game with Nurburgring

Let's not get more off-topic. This discussion must end now.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2016 13:53

Nurburgring :lol:

Is it April 1st still?

Bramzel
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2016 15:58

While I agree it would be silly to put the Nürburgring in game, it would be cool to have the paddock of a racetrack as drop off point. It could be one of the tracks that's more out in the open? Navigating a tight paddock to park your truck in a row of other trucks would be a nice challenge.

Devilagent
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2016 16:11

guys please, stop the racetrack discussion. Let the team concentrate on the actual Autobahn project. There is so much work still ahead, I hope the first priority will be proper North to South connections, like finish BAB7 and finish the fragmented parts like BAB5. Rebuilding cities and adding more cities hopefully have a lower priority:)

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2016 16:17

Please... don't make any tracks. This is not Forza, and is a waste of space that could be used creatively to build larger cities.

Horizon™
Developer

04 Apr 2016 16:21

I will disagree with you, because there are not a lot of spaces for it to be included.

Location of Nurburgring - It is too close to one of the planned city of Bonn (Development is unclear, so DO NOT ask about it), which will consume a lot of area in the North-East/East from the Nurburgring; Racetrack is also quite close to Luxembourg City, which might get overload in the future; Probably a new road 'E44' could be made to connect Bonn to Luxembourg which means - nothing left from it... also, consider the scenery, you need to add, not only roads.

As I stated before, please stop this discussion because it is not a racing game....

#EndOfTheDiscussion
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

FH-Fahrer
Developer

04 Apr 2016 16:29

Devilagent wrote:There is so much work still ahead, I hope the first priority will be proper North to South connections, like finish BAB7 and finish the fragmented parts like BAB5
Talking about the BAB5 ;)

Developer of the
Autobahn Rebuilding Project Image

Current developments:
  • Secret :P

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2016 16:47

I can elaborate on the development for Bonn.

After 2.1 we have planned to work in that part of Germany. I want to try and add cities like Bonn, Koblenz, Wiebaden, Mainz and Saarbrücken.

Exact plans are not made yet, but I'd rather build that than a racetrack :p sorry.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

farliskaneebe
Donation rank:

05 Apr 2016 15:11

Being from Bonn myself I fully condone your future plans for that area. ;)

Devilagent
Donation rank:

05 Apr 2016 17:08

Very nice FH-Fahrer, I love those roads :D You're mapping is amazing, like usual ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information