British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
JoshHancock
Donation rank:

02 Aug 2016 19:56

Featherus wrote:
JoshHancock wrote: Seeing Marsh Mills makes me happy! I studied at the Uni in Plymouth so excited to see how you produce it! In the SCS Plymouth, the crazy brown building you see in the background is the Roland Levinsky building at Plymouth University.
As someone who is currently at Plymouth Univeristy, I agree! I always loved that SCS included the Roland Levinsky building, but other then that the rest of Plymouth looks nothing at all like what it really does, especially the land around the Uni.

I do really hope the ProMods team can work their magic on it. :)
I agree. Knowing that Ivan is working on it, I think it'll look pretty good

Kobra2112

04 Aug 2016 02:08

Any possibility of seeing the Isle of Wight? Shouldn't be too hard to build a port in Southampton for a ferry.
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

20thcenturyfox251

04 Aug 2016 11:11

Is there any possibility of adding Blackpool and maybe Preston if there's space into the rebuilt UK?

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2016 11:17

20thcenturyfox251 wrote:Is there any possibility of adding Blackpool and maybe Preston if there's space into the rebuilt UK?
Considering that Liverpool and Manchester are a priority in terms of size and relevance, and that now Heysham is being added to accommodate ferries to Isle of Man, I doubt this will be possible. However, adding even Preston as a little entity, such as J31A to warehouse areas in Longridge would be nice, as Preston had the first ever motorway built in the UK back in 1959 - so it's most certainly relevant. You can even tell that a certain section was based off the Preston by-pass in the vanilla version.

I doubt Blackpool would fit, and I'm sure there's towns nearby that need to be prioritized far more, as I said.

stevenwright6379

04 Aug 2016 11:33

Kobra2112 wrote:Any possibility of seeing the Isle of Wight? Shouldn't be too hard to build a port in Southampton for a ferry.
as someone who lives and works in Cowes Isle of wight I would love that
in Cowes alone in my area we have a couple of industrial estates and another place that could be a san builders or something similar
not to mention all the twisting country roads to make for a interesting challenge

Irockz
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2016 23:51

Two questions:

1) Will the scale in Ireland be 1:15 as well?

2) (Should I manage to ever get the background maps working) I intend to try my hand at making Newtownabbey in ETS2. Should I complete this would there be any chance of it being added to this?

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2016 23:57

Yes 1:15.
If you want to make Newtownabbey and possibly include it in Promods, you would have to build off of Promods. This means you will have to use the default background map rather than a standalone background map, because our map is not a standalone map. It might not look detailed when zoomed into cities, but cities are not meant to be exact replicas in this game anyways... we all use our imaginations and Google Maps to make cities.
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Irockz
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2016 00:07

penguinaz wrote:Yes 1:15.
If you want to make Newtownabbey and possibly include it in Promods, you would have to build off of Promods. This means you will have to use the default background map rather than a standalone background map, because our map is not a standalone map. It might not look detailed when zoomed into cities, but cities are not meant to be exact replicas in this game anyways... we all use our imaginations and Google Maps to make cities.
Then I suppose I should just practice until you guys get to working on Northern Ireland, and then work off of your map given that Belfast and Newtownabbey are adjacent? Are there any roads in Britain for a complete beginner to try out that you'd recommend?

Callipso
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2016 04:28

Kobra2112 wrote:Any possibility of seeing the Isle of Wight?
such a small place to add in, would there be enough room for the town of Newport at all?

Eoin

05 Aug 2016 12:51

penguinaz wrote: In addition, we will have some new towns in Scotland with brand new roads to explore
Any further details on this? The roads in the perth area are very different to real life (m9 > a90, m9 > a9 etc)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information