Question about shaders for building windows

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
staniss

27 Jan 2017 21:38

Hi friends, i work on modeling turkish style buildings, i prepared all texture files and i use 3d max and blender tools for converting to game.
A have a question about shaders.

If i use "building.add.env.night" shader all windows paint with nonblack colour on alpha channel, all of windows reflect at day time and getting light at night,
If i use "building.day" shader i can paint some windows with nonblack colour on alpha channel and they may look some windows light at night time but without any reflection on all windows at day time. you know this because of scs say us on shader types page.

But;

I want to all building windows glasses reflect reflection texture at day until night if alpha not black (0,0,0),
and some (a few from them) windows must light at night. I want like this because will look more realistic, not all rooms' lights turn on at night at real life, you know.

How can i do this, i tried some posibilities like dif.lum.add.env or dif.spec.lum.add.env. These not acceptable shader types i think maybe you will laugh this.

I can create diffirent models for windows seperate from main building. Any idea do you have? Excuse for language problem i have.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

27 Jan 2017 23:31

Maybe you could check existing buildings from the base game for examples. There is a PMD to PIM converter available on the SCS forums, if you need it ;)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

staniss

27 Jan 2017 23:57

Thanks for reply but could you say me a model name for explore on blender. If not i will try array many model on map editor and look at day and night on looks so lose a bit time.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 Jan 2017 13:11

I can't recall a specific model, but I think you'll get the biggest chance of success by looking in the close_city or mid_city building model section
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

staniss

28 Jul 2017 04:15

a long time we passed after first message but i finded a way to make that i talked about

if anyone want to modeling a building include some windows lighted up at night and reflective environment ,and some windows NOT lighed up but reflective environment all time

must to create 2 parted model first one include all parts only without some windows and second part include some windows that we want not lighted up at night.

at the first part of model use shader type building.add.env.day
at the second part of model use shader type dif.spec.add.env

thats easy to explaine and i recomend decrease little bit for diffuse value for more see to environment reflection on windows.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information