British Isles Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
YNM

08 Feb 2017 02:16

May as well they build every abandoned RAF bases :lol: (the "ebola" track is also something like that, right ? No I'm not asking for that !)

One question, anyway : would the A2/M2 stay, or could M20 be put in instead ?

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

08 Feb 2017 14:39

What is it with you kids and tracks for Easter Eggs in ETS? Go and play Forza or something.
YNM wrote:May as well they build every abandoned RAF bases :lol: (the "ebola" track is also something like that, right ? No I'm not asking for that !)

One question, anyway : would the A2/M2 stay, or could M20 be put in instead ?
I hope M20 stays, it is a more logical direct link to London.

For that reason, probably little chance that A2/M2 would fit.

YNM

08 Feb 2017 16:24

Well you should've realized that currently in-game we have A2/M2 instead... :lol:

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

08 Feb 2017 21:25

YNM wrote:Well you should've realized that currently in-game we have A2/M2 instead... :lol:
My bad, meant to say is introduced* instead of stays.

flyingmanticore

10 Feb 2017 10:37

Have loved the work all you guys are putting in.

Quick question though about my biggest gripe from the Vanilla game and I have tried to search through all 108 pages :P

Living in Leeds, I am disappointed that it is not in the game as it is theoretically the third biggest city in England. But also it annoys me that the M62 does not do the direct route from Liverpool to Hull.

Are these in the plans for future versions?

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

10 Feb 2017 18:54

One of my biggest gripes with the standard map too!

LambreX

10 Feb 2017 20:01

Yes I agree, SCS removed so many important cities in the UK. You mention Leeds, but also Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Bristol, Oxford, Bradford and more.

I'm sure Promods will do their work, as they have done so well in Mainland Europe

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

10 Feb 2017 20:32

Would there be a possibility to add more landmarks and road networks to London? Obviously that pine-cone looking building is there (I can't remember what its called), but I was thinking more stadiums, like White Hart Lane (when its fully renovated) and the other lesser teams places of residence.
I get that it would render London as fps sapping as Barcelona, which is unreal in its quality might I add.
As LambreX says, inclusion of important cities such as Leeds, Oxford, Coventry, Kendal (VERY important place, in terms of industrial revolution sake) and Norfolk (purely for the fen lands, a beautiful place in the uk [great fishing too]). SCS do seem to have, well, neglected the uk, the generic cities and larger developed towns are sort of there but they really could have done so so much better; like they did with Germany, its a plethora of places.....please SCS make the uk worthy!
That's the road to happiness and personal satisfaction, That's why they don't want you to take it.

Jakeycakes

10 Feb 2017 21:39

That building's called the Gherkin, more officially known as 30 St Mary Axe.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

10 Feb 2017 21:56

Gylfi Sigurðsson wrote:Would there be a possibility to add more landmarks and road networks to London? Obviously that pine-cone looking building is there (I can't remember what its called), but I was thinking more stadiums, like White Hart Lane (when its fully renovated) and the other lesser teams places of residence.
I get that it would render London as fps sapping as Barcelona, which is unreal in its quality might I add.
As LambreX says, inclusion of important cities such as Leeds, Oxford, Coventry, Kendal (VERY important place, in terms of industrial revolution sake) and Norfolk (purely for the fen lands, a beautiful place in the uk [great fishing too]). SCS do seem to have, well, neglected the uk, the generic cities and larger developed towns are sort of there but they really could have done so so much better; like they did with Germany, its a plethora of places.....please SCS make the uk worthy!
Kendal? Not sure; you could argue that about a thousand other cities in the UK. It is just too small and Lancaster is a much bigger and important town (30 miles from Kendal; ETS2 scale - really close). Heysham, a town that is just five miles away from Lancaster has a port with ferry links to Ireland, and that is already included in ProMods, so I guess that will be the priority for the developers. I'd also see it as one for all the reasons mentioned.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information