Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

17 May 2014 16:37

oh man that looks really good... Snow? now that is like literally one of the best ProMods screenshots I have ever seen

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

17 May 2014 16:57

One word... Wow! Literally amazing screenshot, I like the way this project is going, congrats!

Purno
Donation rank:

17 May 2014 18:05

Well, glad you like it, but Seyðisfjörður is far from finished. The village is rapidly expanding.

Still WIP though. No more roads planned in this village. The road towards the northeast is pure scenery and won't lead anywhere. I'll still add some houses and other details. :)

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

17 May 2014 18:16

oh man Im liking your work Purno on Iceland. Hope you can keep it up! Im going to ask one question: Will this village have a resting place?

Purno
Donation rank:

17 May 2014 18:25

RoadRageDude wrote:Will this village have a resting place?
Not sure yet. Haven't figured out how to make a resting place yet. I guess it can't hurt to have one in this town, like most ferry-harbors have in ProMods.

Eydun

17 May 2014 18:51

Looks amazing Purno! keep up the good work :)

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

17 May 2014 19:52

If you do make a resting place, can I suggest something like an off-road layby? Would be great as it would be a new thing and would fit in with the small village idea... But obviously the choice is yours Purno.

Geolu_Henge

18 May 2014 02:14

Wow, I really like the screenshots so far, and the idea of adding Iceland is really good. Good Luck with all your hard work, and I look forward to being able to drive your creation some time in the future :)

Superdavecan

18 May 2014 09:23

Hey Purno. I never thought that Iceland would be seriously considered for inclusion into ProMods, but this looks great! :)

One small problem though... on the concept map that you posted at the beginning of the thread, you planned to use Route 26 to cut right through the middle, over the highlands. However, most of it is the F26, which would be closed to trucks. F-roads are unpaved gravel roads which you're only allowed to drive on if you have a 4x4... sometimes you even have to ford rivers!

I have visited Iceland myself, and although I wasn't up in the highlands, when I was taking a tour around the back of Eyjafjallajökull in the south, we were on an F-road which was only open to 4x4s, and indeed we had several river crossings that we had to ford... it was great fun to splash through the river! :D Later in the same trip, I had a 2WD hire car, and at Gullfoss Route 35 changes to the F35... there are signs there telling you that unless you have a 4x4, you're not allowed to go past Gullfoss.

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works... it's just that it would be unrealistic to use the F26 (or any other F-road) to connect the south with the north, since in real life those roads are not open to trucks or passenger cars. Might just have to use the ring road (Route 1)! ;)

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

18 May 2014 21:30

Purno wrote:
RoadRageDude wrote:Will this village have a resting place?
Not sure yet. Haven't figured out how to make a resting place yet. I guess it can't hurt to have one in this town, like most ferry-harbors have in ProMods.
Errr... I doubt anyone who's been on a ferry for at least 46 hours needs a rest when the ferry docks. ;)
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information