Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ScuL
Founder

03 Jun 2014 11:42

Nitpicking about this 1 sign doesn't bring anybody any benefit. The truth is that most of the signs on the screenshots in the initial post are fantasy signs and don't match real life. Ours do, in most cases, or in the case of the prior sign, approximately.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

03 Jun 2014 17:40

And just to add....

His oresund doesn't look anything like the real deal.

Ours does. Not just signs, but LED signs, lamps, tollgate the lot.

Guess that we can move on towards another discussion now.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Wadsteckel
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2014 02:30

Hi Nico, Mandelsoft, ProMods team,

Closing in on 1,000 hours playing ETS2, and I can safely say that the ProMods map is one of the reasons I'm putting in so much time on the game. Many thanks for all the improvements made to date and yet to come. :-)

Catching up on the posts here, knowing your focus is currently on the German Autobahns, I was wondering if any of the work to add Antwerp was going to include a traffic 'mod' at the interchange just north of Brussels. Every time I go through there, whether with the original SCS map or with the ProMods map, I seem to get caught in a 'Mexican stand-off', where the exiting traffic from the expressway comes off and turns left, and everyone gets stopped.

Looking forward to the next update.

Regards,
-Ed S

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

06 Jun 2014 04:23

There's a few places on the map like that, one north of Paris on D317 immediately springs to mind.

As shown in the map view back on Page 59 (I don't blame you for missing it, took me about ten minutes to find it myself), the endpoints of that road are being moved elsewhere:

If I remember correctly, half of it is being paralleled by E17 to Lille (That's the Motorway to Nowhere in the top left). The other half (Which probably crosses A73 somewhere near Venlo) does not look like it is going to be paralleled by E34.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

sven_engelen

06 Jun 2014 05:12

I'm thinking: The german A4 doesn't start from the belgian A3 but from the dutch A76. With the new interchange 'kerensheide' it's also one of the most used transit routes of southern holland/limburg. For as far I see there is enough space to build the A76 and the belgian A2/E314, And make the A2 to liege. I know its a hole pack of work but it's worth it. And you guys are improving the Netherlands then too!

sven_engelen

06 Jun 2014 05:22

Vladzz-G
Developer

06 Jun 2014 09:46

sveneng wrote: This is the E34:

https://www.google.nl/maps/dir/A67,+Ven ... 194475!3e0

[..]

So see if you guys could make this :)
I have already asked them about E34 (A67), to change this from country road into highway. They prefer to keep this country road, where actually should be E34 highway. Here is a quote. ;)
MandelSoft wrote:
Vladzz-G wrote:And will belgian/dutch country road, which goes through Antwerpen, turned into highway? Because in RL there must be highway E34 (A11/A21/[A67]). In [] - dutch road name.
Actually, I'd like to keep this country road. I like the landscaping and there are not many country roads in NL on this map to begin with. Adding a motorway along side of it would be too much cramming. However, there will be a motorway connection along side of the country route to Calais, as well as the E313 to Liège (and you can find an interchange there where the E34 splits off)...

[..]

Best,
MandelSoft
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2014 10:36

There is not alot of space to add the A76 (Dutch) I think.

We still need to see what we are going to do with the BAB61. So far we have quite some rebuilds done in the Ruhrgebiet but it will be hard to fit everything in there.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

MarcRvB
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2014 12:01

Nico wrote:There is not alot of space to add the A76 (Dutch) I think.

We still need to see what we are going to do with the BAB61. So far we have quite some rebuilds done in the Ruhrgebiet but it will be hard to fit everything in there.
Why Not delete the A73 and make the A2 (NL), the A76 (NL), The BAB 4 and the A25 (BE)?
My Gaming PC:
  • CPU: i5 4670K @3,4 GHZ / 3,8 GHZ
    GPU: MSI GTX 660 Oc
    HDD: some samsung HDD (1TB)
    SDD: 2x Samsung evo 840 120GB
    RAM: 8GB
    Motherbord: Gigabyte Z87A-D3
    Total fans: 7
    Steering wheel: Logitech Driving force GT
I <3 Promods! RESPECT! :D

sven_engelen

06 Jun 2014 12:18

The A73 is an important transit route. I think it's already a mistake that they will delete the A50...

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information