Mixed Gas Stations in PM

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
WILLof4tune

06 Oct 2017 00:17

So I installed Real European Gas Stations mod from the Steam Workshop and because some PM gas stations seem to mix resources from SCS gas stations (Oil brand gas stations with Petrol brand signs) this happens:

That's not quite right.

Not sure if this is technically a bug, but it bugs me.

smith121363
Donation rank:

06 Oct 2017 02:44

Well, since ProMods is creating real European gas stations in their map mod and the Real European Gas Stations mod from the Steam Workshop causes strange effects which bugs you, why not remove the offensive and very unnecessary mod. Then you want be bugged.

WILLof4tune

06 Oct 2017 03:38

What do you mean ProMods is creating real European gas stations in their map mod? What map mod? Are talking about ProMods itself? I had PM2.2 installed for a while before installing Real European Gas Stations from the Steam Workshop and I never saw any real gas station brands, only the generic brands from vanilla ETS2. That screenshot is of gas station in Finland. Before I activated Real European Gas Stations from the Steam Workshop that gas station was an Oil brand gas station with a Petrol brand sign. Where do I get the real European gas stations ProMods is creating in their map mod you mentioned? It's not the optional real companies and trucks mod from step 2 of PM installation. I already have that.

EDIT: I see what you meant. They are working on a real gas stations mod. Well this one mostly works just fine, except in the case of gas stations in PM that have off brand signs.

Nissantruck

06 Oct 2017 10:21

Hello!

I think that ProMods is creating real European gas stations in their map mod,because i do remember seeing them when i did test the PM beta 2.20 earlier.If i dont remember that in a wrong way.
I have that same problem and you are right it looks strange,when that happens but i have learned to live with that,so that i can have real European gas stations all over the ETS2 map.
I also know that removing the real European gas stations would help with that problem,but then i dont think that i could have real European gas stations in every gas station in ETS2,they could be an Oil Company brand or something like that and i like realism even if it makes the gas stations in ETS2 to look strange,but that is not a bug from the PM map mod itself.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Vøytek
Developer

06 Oct 2017 21:51

Yes, we have a lot of real gas stations in our map. Actually, we're not placing SCS gas stations at all, only real brands. We have more and more textures of real gas stations to make them look as close to real one as possible in all countries we added :)

And well, if you use a mod that doesn't seem to change textures properly, then there's only one good solution - remove that mod ;)
We can't make our map compatible with all small mods around the market. Other mod authors have to make their mods compatible with ProMods.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

WILLof4tune

07 Oct 2017 09:11

So Oil brand and Petrol brand are real gas station brands in Finland?

Vøytek
Developer

07 Oct 2017 12:47

If they were placed in the past, then yes, they won't be real and should be replaced. But I'm talking about current development. If there's a need for a new real brand, it's immediately created and used where it's used in real life ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Nissantruck

09 Oct 2017 10:51

WILLof4tune wrote:
07 Oct 2017 09:11
So Oil brand and Petrol brand are real gas station brands in Finland?
No they are not,because Scs did make those names for the ETS2 as vanilla names for the game and the Scs company cant use real company names in the ETS2,because they would need a permissions from the brand owners,who are in this case the oil companies.
They dont have rights to use real brand names and logos with out paying royalty fees to the real life oil companies.So that they could use real oil companies names.

Also in Finland we mainly have these fuel/oil companies:
Shell,Gulf,ST1,Neste,ABC and Teboil(Lukoil).
We do have some other oil companies in Finland too ,but they are much smaller than the larger companies in Finland.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information