Development on version 1.x (Finland - Project Napapiiri)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ScaleStrait

21 Jul 2014 13:21

I think he's asking will the 1.7 of promods come when the 1.11 of ets2 is released. That's what they said in their facebook page. That 1.11 is just for steam version for now.

Sitähän sää kysyit?

And Robbieohman, did you know that 1.62 of the promods has been released a long time ago? But there's just Turku and Helsinki in Finland but the 1.7 will contain many more cities.

jussi

21 Jul 2014 22:11

Dont forget to put orange plastic frames like this around the finish trucks recistration plates.

Robbieohman

22 Jul 2014 11:21

1.70, it probably will be next summer?

Nissantruck

22 Jul 2014 11:24

Päivää! Hello! No offense to you Jussi but if I'm not mistaken not all of the trucks have orange frames around the plates,but you can find orange plate frames even in vans.And if i continue this talking about licence plates i must say that in the Scania trucks in the game you can see an error/mistake in the Finnish license plates and they should be like this example: ABC-123 and now they are like this example: ABC 123 so you can see that missing line between letters and numbers and i know that it's just a small mistake, but at least it annoys me every time i look at the plates of the my Finnish registered Scania truck.And i cant remember that i have seen that problem in other trucks,i mean only the Scania trucks that are registered to Finland appears to have that problem if i am not wrong about it,so please fix the problem.(My licence plate font was wrong in the example).
Attachments
4558-1571-auto_matala_AKE100.jpg
License plate from Finland with the missing line.
4558-1571-auto_matala_AKE100.jpg (7.99 KiB) Viewed 2869 times

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Arexander
Donation rank:

22 Jul 2014 11:26

Robbieohman wrote:1.70, it probably will be next summer?
Patience, my young padawan. All will come soon.

Seriously though, have you read anything about the 1.7 update? If you had, you would know that they release the 1.7 patch AFTER SCS updates the game to 1.11, which should happen soonish, depending on the bugs they find.

LoaderSaints

22 Jul 2014 15:39

jussi wrote:Dont forget to put orange plastic frames like this around the finish trucks recistration plates.
I was always wondering what that was for but then I looked it up on the internet. The orange frames mean that the truck (or van) belongs to a transportation company which transports goods for money. That said, all of our trucks in-game that are registered in Finland should have those frames around the plates. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, at the least all Finnish truckers should know this (and I am not one).

Arexander
Donation rank:

22 Jul 2014 16:45

LoaderSaints wrote:
jussi wrote:Dont forget to put orange plastic frames like this around the finish trucks recistration plates.
I was always wondering what that was for but then I looked it up on the internet. The orange frames mean that the truck (or van) belongs to a transportation company which transports goods for money. That said, all of our trucks in-game that are registered in Finland should have those frames around the plates. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, at the least all Finnish truckers should know this (and I am not one).
That would be correct, but I'm not sure if you can have differing registration plates for trucks and AI cars. IIRC, someone complained about a similar situation in another country (Denmark, perhaps?) but the devs replied that it is impossible to make different registration plates for trucks and cars. We would probably need confirmation from someone, who has experience in dealing with the registration plates on modded ETS2.

LoaderSaints

22 Jul 2014 17:35

Nissantruck wrote:And if i continue this talking about licence plates i must say that in the Scania trucks in the game you can see an error/mistake in the Finnish license plates and they should be like this example: ABC-123 and now they are like this example: ABC 123 so you can see that missing line between letters and numbers and i know that it's just a small mistake, but at least it annoys me every time i look at the plates of the my Finnish registered Scania truck.And i cant remember that i have seen that problem in other trucks,i mean only the Scania trucks that are registered to Finland appears to have that problem if i am not wrong about it,so please fix the problem.(My licence plate font was wrong in the example).
Now as I read your post I went on ETS2 and checked my garages. I also noticed that all the trucks in Finland had incorrect plates. So it seems that the Finnish license plates are simply wrong. They are missing the dash that separates letters and numbers. Also one of my trucks had a weird license plate 'KB 937'. All normal plates in Finland have 3 letters and 3 numbers and the dash separates them. Only exception is if you buy yourself custom plates but I think they are expensive thus they are very rare. Though custom plates must also contain the dash.

jontsuba
Donation rank:

22 Jul 2014 21:31

Yeah, I also read somewhere that ETS2 only allows one kind of license plate for each country, cars and trucks along.

Nissantruck

23 Jul 2014 11:14

LoaderSaints wrote:
Nissantruck wrote:And if i continue this talking about licence plates i must say that in the Scania trucks in the game you can see an error/mistake in the Finnish license plates and they should be like this example: ABC-123 and now they are like this example: ABC 123 so you can see that missing line between letters and numbers and i know that it's just a small mistake, but at least it annoys me every time i look at the plates of the my Finnish registered Scania truck.And i cant remember that i have seen that problem in other trucks,i mean only the Scania trucks that are registered to Finland appears to have that problem if i am not wrong about it,so please fix the problem.(My licence plate font was wrong in the example).
Now as I read your post I went on ETS2 and checked my garages. I also noticed that all the trucks in Finland had incorrect plates. So it seems that the Finnish license plates are simply wrong. They are missing the dash that separates letters and numbers. Also one of my trucks had a weird license plate 'KB 937'. All normal plates in Finland have 3 letters and 3 numbers and the dash separates them. Only exception is if you buy yourself custom plates but I think they are expensive thus they are very rare. Though custom plates must also contain the dash.
Hello! Päivää! You are correct about the licence plates in Finland i mean if you need to buy custom plates for your car/truck/van/camper it costs about 900 euros,which is the price for 2 registration plates and that is why they are rare
and expensive.So now my truck registration plates in the Ets2 look like the ones in Sweden,if you do not see the licence plate where the word FIN is located.And also the Swedish registration plates have no inspection / tax sticker at the back of the truck in the rear licence plate.
Ps. You can also buy different custom plates in Finland and they can look like this custom plate and that is only as an example,you can buy different custom plates too.
Attachments
Rekisterikilpi..jpg
Finnish Custom Licence Plate.
Rekisterikilpi..jpg (6.54 KiB) Viewed 2609 times

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information