[Fixed] [#319] [1.71] Multiple sign issues

This is where fixed bugs are moved into
pexe
Donation rank:

16 Aug 2014 20:56

Update (27/08)

Found some problems links to the signalisation.
Hope you could fix each of them otherwise I would be pleased to give support and even fix them by myself for those sort of mistakes. ;)

Typos problem :

* In the north of France, you signed "DUNKIRQUE" instead of "DUNKERQUE" (since PM 1.7)

* In the south-east of France, "TORINO" is signed instead of "TURIN" (since ETS2 reelease)
https://www.google.fr/maps?ll=45.603335 ... 3,,1,-5.73

* In France, "ORLEANS" is signed instead of "ORLÉANS"

* In Finland, "HAMEENLINNA" is signed instead of "HÄMEENLINNA"

Signalisation mispelling : Belgium province

* "Province de Namur" instead of "Province du Namur"
https://maps.google.fr/maps?q=Province+ ... 34,,2,5.48

* "Province de Hainaut" instead of "Province du Hainaut"
https://www.google.fr/maps/@50.48428,4. ... GjE7Sw!2e0

* "Province de Liège" instead of "Province du Liège"
https://maps.google.fr/maps?q=province+ ... 42,,1,3.35

* "Province de Luxembourg" instead of "Province du Luxembourg"
https://www.google.fr/maps/@50.094894,5 ... !2e0?hl=fr
NB: This panel is a bit different from the others province panel with the boar emblem.

* "Province du Brabant wallon" is correct.
https://maps.google.fr/maps?q=brabant+w ... .2,,0,9.06

Signalisation missing

* Even though each Belgium province's pannels has been modeled in game (except Oost Vlaanderen), a lot of them are missing in game. You could find here the place where those pannels are missing or they are not correct :

* Even though each French régions's pannels has been modeled in game, a lot of them are missing in game. You could find here the place where those pannels are missing or they are not correct :

Signalisation incoherence

* In Metz, in the A31 motorway from Luxembourg : Inversion between "Metz-ville"and "Metz zone industrielle" directions
See here :

* Close to Dover Ferries, signs are situated in the wrong side of the lane, plus there is an inversion between "Ferries" and "Southampton" directions. See here :

Others problems/bug

* In the A35 from Strasbourg at A35/A36 interchange (horizontal pillar visible :/) :

* Border crossing post between France and Belgium (A16/E40) does not exist in reality !

* No lamps post in the A18/E40 in Belgium : http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=910
Last edited by pexe on 27 Aug 2014 09:08, edited 4 times in total.

ernesto.bancayancortez

16 Aug 2014 22:34

In the area of ​​Liege, Belgium there is a problem on the road. There is an invisible wall that does not allow passing, and if there were handled collide with that bug. Leave a picture where is located the invisible wall.
Blue cursor indicates the problem area.

pexe
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2014 20:21

In the area of ​​Liege, Belgium there is a problem on the road. There is an invisible wall that does not allow passing, and if there were handled collide with that bug. Leave a picture where is located the invisible wall.
Blue cursor indicates the problem area.
Please don't report invisible walls in Antwerp nor Liège : http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3163
Plus this topic is about signalisation problems, thanks ;)
Last edited by pexe on 20 Aug 2014 18:38, edited 3 times in total.

ScuL
Founder

17 Aug 2014 20:55

The Belgian province names have been confirmed with the Belgian speaking guy in our team, Michel and he is from Bruxelles and stated they were correct.
I will ask him to look at them again
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

pexe
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2014 21:04

Grammatically speaking, when the province name refers to a city, as "province de liège" you can't use the "du" connector.
But when the provine name doesn't refers to a city, as "province de hainaut", I pretty sure the use of "de" or "du" is correct.
Just to be sure I have check on street view to be sure, they say "de".
Last edited by pexe on 20 Aug 2014 18:38, edited 2 times in total.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

17 Aug 2014 21:50

ScuL wrote:The Belgian province names have been confirmed with the Belgian speaking guy in our team, Michel and he is from Bruxelles and stated they were correct.
"Province de xxx" is correct for all Walloon provinces. There are differences between Belgian French (with small differences between the Walloon region and Brussels) and French French. Best known example is we use "septante" and "nonante" instead of "soixante-dix" and "quatre-vingt dix".
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

pexe
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2014 18:35

Still not corrected on ProMods 1.7.1 !
Jan Verschueren wrote:
ScuL wrote:The Belgian province names have been confirmed with the Belgian speaking guy in our team, Michel and he is from Bruxelles and stated they were correct.
"Province de xxx" is correct for all Walloon provinces. There are differences between Belgian French (with small differences between the Walloon region and Brussels) and French French. Best known example is we use "septante" and "nonante" instead of "soixante-dix" and "quatre-vingt dix".
You're absolutely right. As a French guy who lives close to the Belgium border I could confirm that. :)

ScuL
Founder

20 Aug 2014 20:20

Yea I didn't change any of this as I have not yet had a chance to speak to Michel as he hasn't been online
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

22 Aug 2014 21:13

There are a few comments on the things listed:

- All spelling errors since ProMods 1.7 are mine. Sorry for that, I should fix that.
- Bressoux is singed where the E25 splits off the E40. As a matter of fact, I passed that stretch at this very day in real life, driving back home. Bressoux is an industrial area near Liège.

- We only placed province signs at the borders between Flanders/Wallon and Flanders/Brussels. The rest would be quite overkill, since the provinces would be very small in-game. For the same reason, the Netherlands is also missing province signs. Germany is large enough for that, and so is Sweden (we have models ready, but we haven't placed them yet).

- Belgians tend to not sign E-routes directly on the Ring of Antwerpen, as well as on the Ring of Brussels. Therefore, they are also missing in Real Life (just check out the R1 in Google Maps and you see what I mean).

- Got a bit of trouble with locating the E40 west of Antwerpen. Maybe you could look at it and maybe you can try to implement some improvements there. If you want to try, I would be curious about the results ;)

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Vladzz-G
Developer

26 Aug 2014 18:29

Hello.

Thank you for improving the cities of Hämeenlinna and Orléans def files, but in overlays in signs with the same cities are still incorrect wroten.

The same is for town of Dunkerque, which in game is writen, as "Dunkirque"

It is not so terrible, so you can fix it for your next release. ;)
Thank you. :)

P.S. I'm using v1.71 version.
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Return to “Fixed bugs ETS2”

• Information