Help with removing map mods with drivers

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
plunko

07 Sep 2020 16:36

i have a big problem that i never get solved, i have 200 hours on ets2 with around 40 driver. i play always with promods the problem is that when i remove other map (like rusmap if is not update with promods release) my drivers that are on that part of map or on route are freezing there. I must fired the driver because when i click on the driver icon the game crash.
there is a solution for this problem or anyone has a similar problem with driver when remove map mod?
i wrote on other forum but nobody could help me
Last edited by Nathan_A_RF on 07 Jan 2021 03:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no shouting

Rolf Schreiter
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2020 18:27

Hello.
I mean you have to wait for an update of all mapmods you use, then you can start it normaly and do all what you want. Including deleting of drivers and garages and trucks...
Its not good to do changes if your mods are not actually.

I lost also over the years 2 profiles with more then 1 000 000 driven kilometers about changes on maps... you have to live with it! ;-)

I found there is no problem to create a new profile and buy trucks with a ingame credit.

Install all the mapmods again, then delete drivers etc., or begin a new profile and delete the unplayable old profile.

Snowleopard
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2020 03:42

Hi Plunko 8-) speaking from experience, I have been playing ProMods since the very 1st mod came along and I am still using the same profile! I have other profiles for testing mods and for playing online, but my main profile still runs as it should do. I played over 2000 hours in ETS2 offline :shock: before I switched to STEAM. I Run 2 Steam accounts, original account has 2500 hours on it and the 2nd has 1000 hours :twisted:
I am using over 30GB of mods in my game :!: :!: :!: :P Things can get hard to fix when errors happen, but with time and experience, plus this awesome community, help is always a click away. :ugeek:

With the issue you have, to continue playing and keep your profile running and unfortunatly to prevent profile crashes, I personally have to sell my garages in the extra maps attached to PMds BEFORE I update it. Then once the extra maps are updated they can be added again.
Selling the garages empty is easy, but it takes time to do these things.
Rolf Schreiter is right with what he said. ;)

It is easier to roll back from a game update via Steam, even forcing the game to play in the older patch while it works, then when all the mods you use are updated for newest patch you can add them and update your game.

:idea: DON'T update PMDs until you have done this! :idea:
:idea: Before any update to the game, or adding any mods, goto where the profiles are saved on your Hard drive (Usually in your Documents folder) and make a copy of the last profile. Save it someplace else. :idea:

1} Move drivers and trucks to a PMDs garage then sell the other non PMds garage. If you do this each time your profile will remain working. It is a LOT of work but I now keep only PMds garages full and not the others.
2} Once done that, remove the extra map mod leaving just PMDs.
3} Update PMds
4} Wait for the extra map mods to update then add them as per the guide viewtopic.php?f=42&t=29618
5} PLAY HARD!

It's 3.40 am and I've had a looong day, so I hope that made some sense to you. :D

Have happy trips, keep her lit and between the paint!
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... hp?id=1044
General Manager JWT VTC 2011+ (UKTS/GTS/ETS2/ATS)
PMs since V1.0 2013 8-)
@12 10 23
Map cover: 93% PM 2.50/RusMap/Gr8Steppe/MidEast
Driven miles: A LOT!, USING 10 Y/O ORIGINAL ETS2 PROFILE!!

plunko

08 Sep 2020 07:00

thanks for reply and suggestions snowleopard and rolf
I decided to add rusmap and roextended to the promods because I have seen that they are done very well like pm, I have seen that they update them often so I shouldn't have many problems. anyway i've done a backup of the folder ets 2, in case of problem i can recover my profile.

psychoszoku

08 Sep 2020 08:41

Just buy garages in SCS cities only. Because you can add/remove any map mod then, and those cities will still be there.
Also don't give any modded trucks for your employees.
Those are the profile savers.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information