Development on version 2.x (Northern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Zarlandris
Donation rank:

08 Nov 2020 21:15

I hope that new content from Norway will be included in the next major update. It looks so awesome in the screenshots!
ProMods user since 2.11
Driving a Scania (Of course)

Living in Norway

ancien

08 Nov 2020 23:34

I am also a big fan of the Arctic region since I started playing Promods in March. Really like the new additions in Finland from 2.50! The roadsign to Kiruna is teasing us a bit... only 180 km on E10 :)

I would also love to see an extention of E6 into Norway or E45 in Sweden and then Norway but like the team said, it is very time consuming...

Little bit off topic, but thanks to ETS and Promods I travelled 2 times up north this year, since we are not allowed to travel out of Europe due to Covid. First trip was to Faroe Islands from Denmark (Hirtshals) with the ferry like in game. The 2nd trip was up to Gävle in Sweden. It is amazing how familiar a place can look which you only know from a video game. The dream is to start driving in Belgium and finish in Kirkenes! That is planned for next summer :)

I have a lot of respect for the promods dev team! Keep up the excellent work!
LD Logistics
Based in Belgium

ScuL
Founder

09 Nov 2020 04:47

That is great to hear, I am happy that we inspired you to travel. Part of my passion and motivation to work on ProMods is to recreate places I know from real life in the virtual world. For me, ex-European now living on the other side of the planet it satisfies me being able to drive in Europe remotely.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

ancien

09 Nov 2020 18:58

Nice Scul! It really inspired me big time to travel. But I am quite a traveller... Of topic again, but NZ must be amazing. Really at the end of the world. Would love to go there in the next 10 years... Why did you move there?
LD Logistics
Based in Belgium

Luky0805

09 Nov 2020 20:52

I agree that it must be hard to create the fjords the massive landscape, but the end result is worth it.

AiloBuljo
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2020 22:51

Seen in v2.51 there are some small road layouts out from Karasjok towards Kautokeino, same from Muonio (e45) and Alta. Also looks like Sennalandet and a small part of Alta is made, but not finished. :D Cant wait to drive to Tromsø in promods someday :)

GameFlamz

14 Nov 2020 16:37

Hey, could you divide the map mod archives so there is one archive for the scandinavia dlc, then one arvhive for the going east dlc, and obviusly also one for pepole with no dlcs, so that everyone, regardless if they have all the dlcs can play the latest version.

Simix2018

14 Nov 2020 17:08

@GameFlamz The need of the dlcs has nothing to do with the location. It is because of the assets of these dlcs that are used in the whole map. Therefore you need all of the dlcs.
ProMods user since: 2.26
ETS2 player since: 1.30.x

Hr. Toomas

14 Nov 2020 18:04

Hi, everybody. I have been dreaming for a long time and I ask the authors to make the E6 road from Trondheim to Tromso and further North to Alta. I believe that we should focus on these territories, as well as on the North of Sweden and Finland. Adjust the economy: there are fruits, vegetables, equipment, clothing; from there, fish, wood, minerals and ore. But these are just my thoughts and wishes, maybe it will come true someday. Good luck all.

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

14 Nov 2020 19:01

AiloBuljo wrote:
09 Nov 2020 22:51
Seen in v2.51 there are some small road layouts out from Karasjok towards Kautokeino, same from Muonio (e45) and Alta. Also looks like Sennalandet and a small part of Alta is made, but not finished. :D Cant wait to drive to Tromsø in promods someday :)
I think they were already there in v2.50. Actually I think Alta and surrounding parts have been there for much longer even, but I guess they have been so to so say 'on hold' for now since ajungrei stopped work on it and switched to PM Canada (which looks incredible as well).
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information