Grimes' weather mod temperature readings

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

22 Nov 2020 23:10

Hey people,

I was wondering if there was a possibility to use only Grimes weather mods' climate files, specifically only the temperature part as a mod. I don't like his skyboxes and usually only use Grimes for the season feeling like autumn and winter.

But no other weather mod has appropriate temperature readings according to the season. All of them are stuck with summer temperature readings which is not really immersive when you're playing in december for example.
I've already tried copying Grimes' climate files to Realistic Brutal Weather which I am using atm, but that would mess with the skyboxes.

Thanks for any help!
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

ScuL
Founder

23 Nov 2020 01:00

My suggestion would be to contact Grimes and ask because it's not really OK to extract parts of a mod without the modder's permission
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2020 00:15

First of all, I should say, I really appreciate you for responding even to the tiniest problems or questions put in the forums, doesn't go without saying, especially given your position :)

Yes, I guess it's not really OK indeed. Let me put it this way: is there an "easy" way of having realistic temperature readings, that do not just correspond to summer time and do not require "meddling" in someone else's mod?
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information