ProMods and Future Developments

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
KingTruckers

17 Dec 2020 11:50

Hi everyone - thanks for the amazing work on ProMods, which has transformed my ETS2 experience. If this question has been asked already, then I apologize and please just point me to the right thread. Here is my question:

1) On Steam/SCS website, I'm seeing references to the new lighting system and Germany rework that is coming in ETS2 v. 1.40. When 1.40 comes out, will the compatible version of ProMods (2.5x) take advantage of this new lighting system and the rework?

2) Will the new Iberia DLC, when it comes out, be worked into ProMods as well?

Thanks again for the fantastic work - keep it up!

Ben/KingTrucker

JohnBart
Donation rank:

17 Dec 2020 12:20

Hey KingTruckers,

Glad to read you're having fun with ProMods! ;)

1) Yes, the team will of course adapt the mod to work with the new lighting system. We don't know yet how much time this will take, but I have a hunch it will require a lot of effort... ;)

2) Of course. The team will check how much of the existing PM Iberia is mergable into the DLC area, and they'll make sure to keep the best of both worlds - that is, overwrite PM areas with DLC sections where SCS' work looks better, and keep ProMods Spain where the mod's areas look better. ;)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

KingTruckers

17 Dec 2020 12:28

Thank you JohnBArt and again thanks to the whole team. I am currently in Naples and just accepted a freight job to go to Israel so will get to see the Middle East add-on for the first time! (Just need to remember to do some work first before I get in trouble with my boss). Look forward to seeing future developments as they come.

JohnBart
Donation rank:

17 Dec 2020 12:32

Awesome! Have a nice journey then. ;)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

20 Dec 2020 18:44

Hi there,

I am also very curious about the upcoming things..

I wonder if SCS makes only the missing part 3 of german rebuild, or if the new name "Germany Reskin" also means that the first two parts will also get additional improvements such as newer textures models and maybe also some new roads?!

But from my experience untill now I would say expect not too much.. But on the other hand the screenshots looks really fantastic. Is it only the new light system or is it also new models and more new quality in generell? Hmm

So it could be very interesting what will happen..

Also with Iberia.. I hope that the new shown areas in 2.50 will hold up and can survive the merge..

Best reagrds
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

KingTruckers

21 Dec 2020 12:57

And another one from me :)

Not to be political - but with Brexit looming - are we going to put hard borders at Calais and Dover for cross-Channel freight? (Assume of course at the next 2.5x update!)

SpaceNIght
Donation rank:

09 Jan 2021 15:07

it wouldnt just be Calais, but all EU ports that link with UK, also perhaps direct routes to France from Ireland too.

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2021 13:03

Well, it might be a good idea to put two border checks at the freight entrance road of the harbours and terminals in Calais and Dover/Folkestone and also a barrier at the exit road which only opens in one direction, so that you cannot sneak past border control via the exit road. At the harbours of Europoort, IJmuiden, Newcastle, Hull and Harwich there should be one border control point before the sailing and the second after the sailing. Also, it would be nice to be able to drive onto and from the ship at al harbours.

Another question: will there also come a route trough the Asian part of Turkey which connects European Turkey to the Middle-East add-on and Georgia (Batumi / Poti) overland?

JohnBart
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2021 14:16

^Regarding the land connection between Istambul, Georgia and the Middle-East territories, the answer is yes. Platypus has plans to do this, but of course this will take a lot of time.

Vukasovic CargoTrans

20 Jan 2021 12:56

Hello to all, i have few questions for developers.
Are you planning in next update to expand Bar (Montenegro) and to put garage in Bar?
Also are you planning to add more cities in Montenegro. Thanks alot in advance. Cheers

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information