Modding Q&A

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
krushplay

17 Jan 2021 01:10

Good day everyone. I would like to ask you for advice. Now I make my own autonomous component. I am a beginner. I want to ask how to make the game background of my map (not for the editor, but for the game). Because when I start playing, my fake state is located in Germany.

krushplay

19 Jan 2021 11:21

good day.Please help me..Situation like this: I made my map(auto.modul), but when I started playing it, I found out that my map is placed on the original map (specifically in Germany). How can I set the dark / empty background of the map. just so it wasn't the original map? I would make do with a blank background where I will be my city.
Thank you

Alpenwolf

20 Jan 2021 01:22

If I could bother you again.
Now that I have my own mod I'd like to adjust another setting. I like to do longhaul and find it pretty annoying to collect damage by just driving.
So I'd like to adjust some settings in the
damage_data.sii
engine_wear: 2e-6
transmission_wear: 2e-6
wheel_wear: 2e-5

3 questions regarding this:
1. Can I just add a damage_data.sii to the 'def' folder within my mod and add those settings?
2. What are those numbers '2e-6' and how do I reduce them? They not appear to be hex?
3. I'm not able to extract the def.scs in the main ets2 folder 'unknown file format'. Is it my old Winrar version or is it some special file format?

Thank you

[EDIT] all questions answered[/EDIT]

WindWalker

22 Jan 2021 14:23

WindWalker wrote:
22 Nov 2020 17:03
Hello, I have been working on both ETS2 and ATS Editors (1.34 both). When zooming in and out using the mouse wheel, ATS editor moves smoother while ETS2 editor takes a very large step which makes it quite unusable... Is it something adjustable?
I have finally solved this problem and wanted to leave a record here in case there may be others experiencing the same problem:
The problem persevered after I have upgraded to 1.39. Finally I have found out that it can be adjusted in "config.cfg" file by the
"uset g_flyspeed" variable. It was 150 for my ATS and 3750!! for ETS2. I don't remember I have ever changed it but anyways I could have finally restored my map editor navigation to a more stable level. This figure also affects the free camera speed in the game.

JohnBart
Donation rank:

22 Jan 2021 14:25

Thank you for sharing this with us, and glad to read you solved this problem! I knew that g_flyspeed is a parameter in the game console for the free camera, but personally I didn't know it also affected the scroll speed in the editor as well. Shows I'm not into mapping, unfortunately. :)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Alpenwolf

22 Jan 2021 23:56

i got another question about something weird.
When I fiddled with my private mod at the same time there was a small game update.
Now I have the problem that with all my current profiles i have no more job offers anywhere. I created a new profile today and that one seems to work.
I tried with a complete vanilla profile and even removed all the mods from the mod folder but anyway the old profiles seem to be damaged somehow.
Can it be that i messed something up with my editing?
I mean, I do debugging complex stuff for a living but in this case I can't make any sense of it.
I googled a lot today but it doesn't seem to be connected with the update as noone else seem to have the problem.
Any ideas are appreciated
nojobs.png
nojobs.png (295.03 KiB) Viewed 3289 times

SeZu

26 Jan 2021 18:10

WindWalker wrote:
22 Jan 2021 14:23

... Finally I have found out that it can be adjusted in "config.cfg" file by the
"uset g_flyspeed" variable. It was 150 for my ATS and 3750!! for ETS2...
You don't have to go to "config.cfg" and not write in the console, but just spin the mouse wheel during free camera.

WindWalker

27 Jan 2021 00:31

Isn't mouse wheel in map editor for zooming in and out? How come?

PaZz_
Third Party Developer

27 Jan 2021 03:35

Does anyone have an idea if it's possible to suppress traffic fines for a specific intersection with semaphores? I've used traffic areas to remove certain lights for specific directions, but the player is still getting fined for running red light.

SeZu

27 Jan 2021 14:45

WindWalker wrote:
27 Jan 2021 00:31
Isn't mouse wheel in map editor for zooming in and out? How come?
Mouse wheel in the map editor:
• top view - zoom in and out
• free camera (3D view) - change the speed of the camera

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information