Ferry timetables

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

16 Apr 2021 17:17

This is the only real problem with using the mod - many areas built in 1:1 scale such as towns and services should have 1:1 time progression, but they don’t. It’s especially bad in a lot of modified areas. Leeming Bar services on the A1 in the UK is one such example. I can easily use an hours driving just coming off the motorway to park up!

I’ve tried opening the map editor myself to try and correct these errors for the promods team myself, but I just don’t have the ability unfortunately :-(

Added in 3 minutes 42 seconds:
With regards to 13/15 hour shifts. Do more than 13 hours since your last daily rest and it’s automatically classed as a 15 hour shift so only 9 hours off duty is needed. You can do this 3 times a week.
Getting more technical, one exemption from this is if you have a 3 hour rest during your shift. You can have 9 hours rest at the end of your shift (up to 15 hours work) and it’s classed as a regular daily rest (11 hours off duty)
I know it’s complicated - there are drivers in real life who can take years getting their head round it!

Lukemfc

16 Apr 2021 17:24

I’ve not tried this yet been so busy with personal stuff what’s the actual mod your using please

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

17 Apr 2021 08:38

Yes the time scale issue... I've been talking about this for very long on both this and scsforums. But people don't seem to realize this issue until their driving hours really start to matter, like with this tachograph. I'm really annoyed by it, and just as LAFAYET47 says, Iberia, although I haven't really been there so far it really seems like it's suffering from it. I've heard on scsforums that people praise Iberia for having less rest areas and those that are there are very "challenging" to park at.... I'm all in for chalenges as long as they are reasonable and the very least they are in places where the timescale is properly scaled. It is really really annoying to do more than 1 hour just to get off and on the motorway.

Recently I was in Padborg, I wanted to end the day with only 9h drive, since I at that point was with 8h 11min something, so I wen't to the big Cirkle K rest stop in the middle of Padborg, and I assumed that it counts as the city so time is slowed down, and I went on to manouver to one of the parking spots, I had to try it a couple of times cause I wasn't really paying attention but when I managed to stop I realised that time wasn't slowing down, and I was already in 9h 28minutes so I accidentaly threw away a 10h drive. And just because I was manouvering a bit. It's really annoying.

Also this is the reason you need to prepare ahead your stops, after some time you'll be able to have a rough estimate how far you gonna get and which rest stops you gonna reach in a certain amount of time. For example I tend to avoid Autohof's and other rest areas that seem complicated to get to, or where you need to leave the motorway for short 45 minute breaks, I rather stop earlier to save time. For long, end of day breaks they are fine, but for 45 minute breaks they eat up to much time to get to. But obviously if there are no alternatives I take them.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Lukemfc

08 May 2021 20:02

Hi guys I’m not sure if your see this I’m just struggling to active the tachograph mod and wondered if you had an idea of how I’ve got to install this thank you

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information