France and Monaco Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
peterwu0005

18 Jun 2021 17:12

For the second reason that you listed, I don’t actually get it. Do you mean by “promods team is going to delete some regions that are not modified in order to stop the files from being too large” or do you mean by “promods team hasn’t yet start the rebuilding project in this area, however the edit cause much more works and an unnecessarily increasing in the size of the files, so my suggestion is unlikely to be conducted”? Anyway, I am sorry for the misunderstanding :(

xxsamdu972xx
Developer

18 Jun 2021 18:59

sorry if there was a misunderstanding, to explain more clearly, we have no current project in the region that you have proposed to display the name of the city outside marseille.

The second thing that says to delete regions not modified by ProMods, many sectors like La Rochelle for example, is in the ProMods map folder while ProMods does not modify anything in La Rochelle, suddenly it's takes up space for nothing. Removing the unmodified sectors from our map folder, the city will end up in the SCS version and if there is an update in this city, this update will work correctly with ProMods and without us having to modify and update manually ;)
Junior Tester since ProMods 2.46
Developer since ProMods 2.51

Image Working somewhere in france

peterwu0005

18 Jun 2021 19:07

Oh I see, thanks a lot for the clear explanation! Now I finally get to know why the team of Promods Canada cannot display the scenic cities such as Burlington,W.A, and Sumas,W.A. near the border of Canada.
In addition, what is your following plan after finish editing Valenciennes and Paris? By the way, what about Perpignan, Narbonne, Pau and Andorra, these cities seem to be effort-taking and requires a lot of time to get reworked.

xxsamdu972xx
Developer

18 Jun 2021 20:31

After Paris and Valenciennes, I don't really know yet because I have a lot of work to do in Paris but I am thinking of reskining and remaking Cherbourg and Caen ;)
Perpignan and Narbonne have not yet started because there is still a lot of work on the Andorra side, the road on the French side is progressing very well, as soon as Andorra is ready, i will attack the reskin of these two cities ;)

Shiva

19 Jun 2021 16:37

Could be a nice time to have a redone Perpignan :)
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

vaysset

23 Jun 2021 18:40

se qui serais bien sais de rajouté la route qui fais la liaison clermont ferrend toulouse en passans par aurrillac et albi

english

Who would be great, it's adding the road that connects Clermont-Ferrand to Toulouse with passing through Aurillac and Albi
Last edited by Trucker2223 on 23 Jun 2021 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: english only in the main forum

Der Freiburger
Donation rank:

26 Jun 2021 03:48

xxsamdu93xx wrote:
14 Jun 2021 20:14
I look at what kutchek has done in France to inspire me and if possible, reuse old spaces to modernize them to current ProMods standards
Thats Sounds so nice to me, Kutcheks France was the best for this the time, but to see Kutcheks Roadnetwork, with updated Assets, would be magnificent
Look at HK Transporte on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/HKTransp/

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

28 Jun 2021 13:49

Dear xxsamdu93xx, may I ask you when the new Eurotunnel terminal of Cocquelles is planned? I hope it will be among the coming releases, because it's a little bit strange to drive through a 'less-than-fake' Eurotunnel terminal at the French side, while the terminal on the British side is totally realistic and equal to the terminal in real life.

Would also be nice if the hidden service tunnel would be finished, which now ends into the void halfway... To cross illegally. :mrgreen: :lol:

xxsamdu972xx
Developer

28 Jun 2021 16:31

Salut,
For the moment I have not yet planned to rebuild the Channel Tunnel on the French side, maybe for a Rebuild project of the A16 after the Paris Project

and yes it will be connected again because i have a lot of request on the ProMods discord to reconnect it :P

Q: Who would be great, it's adding the road that connects Clermont-Ferrand to Toulouse with passing through Aurillac and Albi
Good idea but unfortunately nobody works in this region of the map, I will write it anyway in my development notebook ;)

peterwu0005

28 Jun 2021 16:51

Hi there, Samuel:
A16 pass through two famous cities in the history. The first one is Amiens, which is the provincial capital of Somme. It is famous for the Bataille de la Somme and the Bataille de la Amiens, during the First World War.
The second is Dunkerque, which is a rather important port for France. It is well known for the miracle of Dunkirk, during the Dunkirk Evacuation of the Second World War.
Are there any plans to add these famous cities as memorial momentums and scenic spots in ETS2?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information