FF2: Filling in the Suburbs

Post your own screenshots & videos of our mods here
Bernhard_

25 Jan 2022 08:12

Thank you. Let's see how long it will be before I can post a good ride in pictures again. The "Gray Star" in one eye is another obstacle that needs to be avoided somehow. This cannot be treated because of the other problem. It doesn't fit at the moment. Just take a look.
Best Regards

Bernhard

krigl

25 Jan 2022 20:24

Hopefully not too long Bernhard, there are only a couple of us regulars in here, we miss your contributions : )

Back for another Baltic adventure.

The ‘road’ on the map north-ish from Aluksne turned out to be nothing more than a sandy track through a wood next to a lake. Cool.

Crossing the old border between Latvia and Estonia.

Just a short but pretty stretch through Estonia before we get to the border with Russia.

The border.

On the short, pleasant but bland route back to Pskov.

Back again, for the last time.

Done. Now to find a teleporter that will take us back to Latvia.

Early morning in Valmiera, Latvia, near the border with Estonia.

Picking up tractors.

Driving around Valmiera. It's in Latvia, I know, but we’re mainly going to be in Estonia for a couple of sets, hence the Estonian Flag paintjob.

Now heading north to Valka, Latvia, which neighbours on Valga, Estonia.

Wow, that’s a cool local train. And that is totally NOT my truck with the wrong national flag somehow chosen for it, God knows how Lithuania ended up on it instead of Estonia, resulting in me obsessively doing 3 driving sessions and screenshot shoots again over several evenings and relabelling all the screenshots all over again with the correct flag on the truck after I finally noticed, though I sadly failed to encounter this awesome train at this crossing the second time around after waiting for ages and seeing tons of different trains pass by and so had to resort to posting the old image with the wrong flag on the truck. That didn't happen.

Valka. Upgraded by ProMods, I think.

And we’re into Estonia. Next time – Valga, various villages, and Parnu.
Anni
Last edited by krigl on 26 Jan 2022 20:04, edited 2 times in total.

krigl

26 Jan 2022 19:52

Okay, today we’re venturing from Valga – which has been expanded by ProMods – to Parnu.

A roundabout in Valga.

What looks like a fishpond or some other artificial lake. It’s very rectangular-looking.

Valga is a bit more elaborate than Valka, with various things to see. Together they make a very nice place to visit.

Just drove up here to check it out.

This job site is a little different, I applaud it. Hope they didn't mind me popping in with my tractors, doing a loop round the car park and heading back out. And just a day after another truck with a Lithuanian flag on it did exactly the same thing with a single blue tractor. Hmm. The gateman is probably a little confused right now.

This seems very true to life. Older renovated cottages opposite low-rise panel houses from maybe the 1970s.

Taking our leave of Valga.

En route to the village of Ala through southern Estonia.

This looks like a miniature version of a castle. I wonder if it is supposed to be full-size, but somehow got rendered in a small version, like the model of Stonehenge in Spinal Tap.

The village of Ala is pretty nice. ProMods? Maybe. I don’t remember seeing it before.

This is a different village – Karksi-Nuia.

Karksi-Nuia to the city of Parnu.

Here we are in Parnu.

Let’s deliver these tractors to Bring.

And check out the local Marina.

They had a Queen, and this time we’re taking her somewhere – to the island of Kuressaare.

Check out the Regal Majesty of The Queen.

Heading for the coast, where the Queen likes to be most.

Getting low on fuel. Better fill up before we head for Kuressaare, it’s pretty remote, and I've got a boat.
Anni

Bernhard_

27 Jan 2022 10:13

I'll see what comes.

Top notch recordings! Thank you!
Best Regards

Bernhard

krigl

27 Jan 2022 19:39

This time wee aare visiting the Estonian iisland of Saaremaa, and it’s maaiin town of Kuressaare.

Sorry, I just love all the vowels on the signs in this part of the world. Pood and Kohvik is a great name for a petrol station too.

That’s Virtsu ferry terminal.

I was somewhat concerned that the Queen wouldn’t fit through here, but it did, just.

Queuing up to take my turn.

Lucky I was at the front of the queue. The ferry was full after we boarded.

I didn't feel like backing out, so decided to turn round inside the ferry. My 517-point turn took so long that they had time to give the ferry a fresh coat of paint.

Beware of the Kaangaaroos.

That windmill is no way life size. Starting to wonder if my wife didn’t put acid in my tea.

Saaremaa is pretty cool, I have to say. Of course it is – it’s ProMods!
Beautiful! The jarring dichotomy between the time and weather in some of these pictures is due to the aforementioned – ahem – accident with choosing the wrong national flag for the truck and having to do three lots of driving again like a blithering idiot. I didn’t want to take all the pics again, so just reshot the ones with the truck.

Driving along giggling just past the sign which said: “O-haaliku lopp“. Almost 50 years old, and still has the sense of humor of a 10-year-old…

We’ve arrived in Kuressaare.

The castle can just be seen in the background.

Very cool scenery on this island.

Stopped and asked if they sold Bounty bars, that I’ve been searching everywhere, but they only had Snickers, Mars and some local delicacies. They asked me where I was from, and I said Denmark and then gave my name as Boba Fett.

Just look at that lush foliage!

We’re delivering the Queen here, at the Marina at the very end of Saaremaa. I read on Wikipedia that Saaremaa is believed by Estonian medical scholar Raul Talvik and former Estonian president Lennart Meri to have been what the ancient Greeks called Ultima Thule, the most northern location known to them. Come on guys, Ultima Thule? Like seriously? Patriotism is one thing, but if the Greeks managed to find Saaremaa, surely they might have ventured a little further and found Finland, Sweden, Russia, or whatever. In any case, Ultima Thule was believed to be without darkness in midsummer, which suggests it was much further north. Well, whatever.

Back in the town centre as night falls.

Sound of tape quickly rewinding as the sun goes scooting back up over the horizon. This is the local airport.

The sun heads back down for a second time as we go in search of a place to sleep.

Tiny windmill No. 2, but no wallabies.

There’s a sleeping area north of Kuressaare.

It turns out to be another ferry port, currently non functional.

Okay, it’s been a fun drive through some great scenery courtesy of PM. Time to get some kip. Next time: Jekabpils, Utena and Ukmerge.
Anni

krigl

28 Jan 2022 21:40

Starting out today in Jekabpils, Latvia.

We won’t be spending much time in Latvia, but at least one set could be with this Latvia paintjob, right?

Pulling four forklifts today.

Jekabpils has been ProModded a bit, apparently, but I’ve no idea where. Well, will drive around and take a few shots anyhow.

Alright, time to go.

En route to Svente near the border.

This is Svente.

Now in Lithuania.

Passing Utena.

From Utena to Vidiskai.

Vidiskai.

Oh yes, I remember this.

Arriving in the ProMods town of Ukmerge. This looks like PM already.

Severely distressed pavement there. The spalling is appalling.

There’s not much of Ukmerge that you can visit, but a nice sort-of ring road runs past it, with various attractive rural sights.

And some tower blocks, too.

Rest stop. But the customer is expecting delivery in Panevezys…. so got to keep on truckin’.
Anni

krigl

29 Jan 2022 14:53

Today we'll be chilling in the Panevezys area.

Still pulling those forklifts from ProMods Ukmerge to Panevezys. The roads we're going to be travelling on are partly ProModded, again not sure what. Needs a road sign like a village sign, with "ProMods" when you enter an area, and "ProMods (crossed out)" when you leave.

Logistics depot. We'll be back there later.

Some great 'road scenery' around.

We're actually dropping these forklifts off at the nearby airfield.

It's also an air museum. I think.

Oh no, a busted right wheel. Could it be the forklifts are... no, probably not.

Took out one of the company's Owned Trailers.

We're heading for the last region in this tour, Lithuania, and we've got the right flag, so nothing can stop us now.

Off to that logistics centre.

And hey presto, there's that blue tractor again. It gets everywhere.

Approaching Ramygala.

Ramygala.

Now we're on our way to the outskirts of Kaunas.

And we've arrived.

Next time we'll take the picturesque route through the outskirts of Kaunas to Taurage, and then make tracks for Kaliningrad oblast.
Anni

Bernhard_

29 Jan 2022 15:35

Again very nice shots. Keep it up!!!
Best Regards

Bernhard

krigl

30 Jan 2022 14:02

Continuing our journey with the nice blue tractor today.

Heading into the outskirts of Kaunas here.

This whole stretch up to Taurage has been ProModded, awesome.

Going one step further with what SCS provided, great work lads.

Out of Kaunas now, but still PM, I believe. Just a bit less crowded with marvels, but still very scenic.

Time to deliver. Farm near Taurage.

Picked up some farm produce at the same place, then headed into Taurage to get a repaint for our final journey – into Kaliningrad Oblast, followed by the Curonian Spit, and ending in Klaipeda back in Lithuania.

Taurage has an unusual repainting spot. It’s a bit like in GTA when you need your car resprayed. You go in through here…

…and come out the other side with a new coat of paint. Great when the fuzz are on your tail.

Driving south toward the border.

Border post.

Crossing to Sovetsk on the Russian side.

Back in Russia again.

Back in the rural regions. Neman.

Ulyanovo.

On the road to Gusev.

Passing ProMods’ Gusev on the way to the drop-off point. We’ll visit Gusev next time.
Anni

krigl

31 Jan 2022 21:39

Today we journey through Kaliningrad Oblast and onto the Russian part of the Curonian Spit. It’s the penultimate part of this tour.

Dropping off the container we took from Taurage near Gusev.

Let’s check out this ProMods town briefly.

Headed out and then back in.

Had to take at least one job from the Prodovolstvenoi Kombinat Medved.

The graphic design is great once again. We are carrying, believe it or not, a humungous quantity of ‘Gummy Bears’.

Leaving Gusev, destination Klaipeda.

Kaliningrad Oblast is a fairly small region, but it still has room for some stretches of countryside.

This is the village of Krasnopolskoye.

Getting tired. Think I should rest.

Headed round the back of the petrol station, as we didn’t need any fuel, in order to find somewhere to park and sleep. Didn’t quite go as I planned.

All was well in the end.

Making tracks for Kaliningrad the next morning.

So inviting. It’s almost as if… ahem, no, well, anyway.

We’re not going into the city today, did that last time we were here. Just passing by. More interesting streetlight decorations, this time with a nautical theme.

Zelenogradsk and the Curonian Spit lie ahead.

Zelenogradsk. It’s all ProMods again from now on, I think. A good end to this Baltic tour.

Passing through Lesnoy. I think this is already on the Spit.

Pond near Rybachii.

Rybachii. One more set to go!
Anni.

Return to “Share the love”

• Information