Balkans Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
jakers038

26 Jan 2022 23:47

Since unfortunately there's still no news on Athens, a 4 mil. capital and one of largest European ports, is there at least a mod that's compatible with Promods that brings Athens?

I doubt SCS will ever release it if it didn't release it with Bulgaria and Romania, especially since western Balkans will probably be ignored due to the unmentionable dispute and Greece by itself as a dlc..also unlikely.

pavao983

30 Jan 2022 10:34

Regarding project Balkans, I am happy with some parts of the map. However I have feeling that some other things could have been avoided. First of those :border crossings in Croatia with Hungary, direction Budapest are marked deeper into Croatian territory as well border with Slovenia over Macelj (not on the border lines, not based on facts ) From border crossing direction Belgrade Zagreb, there is only 150 km of drive, while it is supposed to be 250 km. Also Intersection Bosiljevo, right after Zagreb I think that intersection could have been further away (reality 80 km). In Zagreb there is a great opportunity to connect the road through the city (few km missing).
My suggestion (maybe unrealistic) Add some sceneries from mountain Velebit (Lika side), move intersection Bosiljevo further away, Tunnel "Mala Kapela" is missing (longest in Croatia, 5,5 km), fix border crossings position, there is no highway entering BIH direction Mostar in reality (that highway should be directed to a Peljesac bridge, just finished, direction Dubrovnik). Slovenia is made much nicer in comparison. After the tunnel Mala Kapela, there is a beautiful viaduct exiting the tunnel. In the end thank you for the project I understand some things cannot be easily improved, but Slovenia has much more quality in production and are part o the same project. All the best
Last edited by pavao983 on 30 Jan 2022 11:39, edited 1 time in total.

Vladimir U.

30 Jan 2022 10:47

pavao983, what do you think about Serbia in ProMods? (by quality, make analysis like above for Croatia)

pavao983

30 Jan 2022 10:58

Hej Vladimir. It is hard to say. I like the way Belgrade is made, however the only place I have been in Serbia are: Belgrade and highway south to Presevo. I feel that there are some great opportunities left in Balkan, due to our incredibly nice nature and sceneries. The general impression, the whole Balkan seems a bit shrink in comparison to some other countries similar in size.

miknick_20
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2022 13:46

I have some good news for you, there are a lot of hidden roads in Bosnia and one hidden road in Serbia from Kragujevac probably to Čačak/Kraljevo. Also here is the way from Zagreb ring to Sisak (also hidden road) :D Maybe Promods is Planning something :O
🚛 ETS2 player (EuropeanVoyager) 🇷🇸 🇵🇱

Visit my ETS channel ---> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNnBq ... wJp_Y2ILUA

Frate
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2022 17:02

Serbia is well made. I was there a few times in real life (driving through it on my way to Turkey) and a lot of points are recognizable but at this point but it is quite old, meaning you shouldn´t expect something in the quality of RttBS or Iberia.

miknick_20
Donation rank:

30 Jan 2022 19:27

In my opinion, Beograd is well made i also have been there in real life
🚛 ETS2 player (EuropeanVoyager) 🇷🇸 🇵🇱

Visit my ETS channel ---> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZNnBq ... wJp_Y2ILUA

jakers038

31 Jan 2022 21:41

Western Balkans is still pretty great, once the Belgrade to Montenegro road is completed, it will be a nice package.

I am more interested in the development of the road to Athens I mentioned, which is still not reached by either SCS or PM, plus (not part of Balkan, but...) the hopeful rebuild of Budapest, which SCS released as the most generic default asset city they ever made, it even uses some ets1 era assets like road textures, curbs, sidewalks and some walls. It's far bellow the quality of other Going east areas.

Both of these cities have several million people and should probably be a priority over rebuilds of random roads in an already decent western Balkans.

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2022 15:29

Best thing they could do in the Balkan now (in my opinion) is to fill the gap between Western Balkans and Greece. If only a road would be added between Bar (MNE) to Elbasan (AL) via Tirana (AL) and eventually via Podgorica (MNE), we should be able to drive a closed loop through the Balkans. For now if you want to drive from Montenegro to Greece, it's even quicker to take the Ferry to Italy and from there the other ferry to Greece. I think we should get rid of that situation, so I hope ProMods has plans for that...

KekoZeskende

03 Feb 2022 19:57

We all can"t wait to drive to Athens.
Stand with
Ukraine !

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information