[Fixed] [1.01] Game crash when opening job list

This is where fixed bugs are moved into
Pasilius

02 Oct 2013 08:48

ScuL wrote:I've been wondering if all of you are using legal game versions? I have known cracked versions to generate issues with disappearing trailers and traffic lights, maybe they added jobs in v1.5.2 as well.. I don't know what SCS do to prevent piracy
I for one am using legit copies of the game and DLC. Would you like to see proof of purchase, maybe?
World of Trucks - Pasilius

"It ain't the fall that gets you..it's the sudden stop at the bottom"

ScuL
Founder

02 Oct 2013 08:52

No I trust you and I didn't intend to point the finger at anybody but I have seen erratic behaviour like this before in those cases so I had to suggest it
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Pasilius

02 Oct 2013 09:04

ScuL wrote:No I trust you and I didn't intend to point the finger at anybody but I have seen erratic behaviour like this before in those cases so I had to suggest it
Yeah I understand :) Like with the pink base color in the latest patch :D (Which btw, was an awesome thing to do!)

But in my case, the freight market issue isn't the only one. For a while now, I haven't been able to open the map which shows all the dealership locations (it crashes my game too)..
World of Trucks - Pasilius

"It ain't the fall that gets you..it's the sudden stop at the bottom"

SzczepanKolaczek
Donation rank:

02 Oct 2013 12:38

Of course I use a legal copy of the game and of the DLC, otherwise I probably would not be able to install updates, etc., and would'nt have reached 42nd level and 130tkm driven. I bought the game on the day it was launched almost a year ago (the boxversion ), and th DLC - also on the first day, but electronically (directly from the SCS website).

I have noticed now that there are moments when I am able to open the list of jobs, but this is usually when I am on motorways, hauling a trailer - so the list is useless, but it is nice to know it can work. Everytime I deliver my load and try to open the list, it crashes. This can be a pure coincidence, but doesn't have to.

But on the other hand, it never crashed when opening the map or anything else. The game works perfectly, apart from troubles with the job list. Not gonna give up, though, I prefer to visit a few warehouses in a city to pick a load than to get rid of Scandinavia or my native Poland from the map :-). And I can't wait to see all the other European countries added / finished, glad to follow the threads with the progress of your amazing work!!

NielsChristiansen
Donation rank:

02 Oct 2013 14:12

FWIW, with only Promods installed it promptly crashes when I try to open the jobmarket. Without PM but all other mods enabled, no problems that I can tell. Has anyone tried Promods, but no DLC?
Initially the problem popped up after I "found" Newcastle-upon-Tyne in the U.K. and Odda in Norway, and went back to a save before those two, somehow expecting a kind of "overflow" issue not really being *that* IT literate.
It fixed my problem for a good while, but it's irrevocably surfaced again. Fingers crossed for a solution, I *really* would not want to lose Scandinavia.

SzczepanKolaczek
Donation rank:

02 Oct 2013 14:18

Promods has always worked fine for me, until I bought the DLC (even then it ran OK for a while, but then the problem appeared).

lion002

04 Oct 2013 19:20

..any news about update/fix or solution?

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

04 Oct 2013 21:03

Nop so far I have no idea.

Just to get very radical, what if you try to extend the mempool like with TSM... I don't think it will fix it but maybe that helps for slower machines....
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

SzczepanKolaczek
Donation rank:

04 Oct 2013 21:59

I have (and always had) 1000...

cyfix

04 Oct 2013 22:03

Hi all.

I has the same problem as You... I have legal copy of ETS2 and DLC ofcourse.
Everything goes fine and one day, when I run the game when I wanted to take delivery from one of the city, game crashes.
I have mm_pool_size set at 600 parameter. My PC has 4 gb ram, and graphic card has 1 gb.

The problem was solved when I turn off Scandinavia map.

It's strange cause I've been at Scandinavia teritory many times before and after DLC.

My log didnt show me anything that could be "strange".
Just crash when I tried to get into menu to select delivery (short or for my company)

Please forgive me my broken english ;)

Return to “Fixed bugs ETS2”

• Information