Old route to the Brenner Pass Revival

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
MrShadow205
Donation rank:

14 Apr 2022 16:24

I have been considering this for a long time now, I went past the now Brenner pass route on the motorway in Austria and Italy, and that I think is a bit new cause I'd watched videos of the old route to Italy via the Brenner pass (Steinach - Starzing) like the 1960s and 1970s kind of trucking videos, and I'm thinking (should the old route on the Brenner pass be like made onto the pro-mods map as a request by pro-mod users and I think other players will like that and benefit from it also, as the old route on the Brenner pass has so much history on it, plus truckers old and new can like have flashbacks or imagine what the old route was like before the motorway was built on the Brenner pass today, the old route yes is remembered IRL but not on ETS2 and pro-mods but like little of it is there,

My question to the pro-mods developers and the people who use pro-mods, Should the old Brenner Pass route be revived in Exquisite detail and pretty much like it was in its heyday back in the old days before the Brenner Pass motorway, so ETS2/Promod's Players can have a chance on learning the route and experience what the older truckers would have experienced such beauty, and what it was like in its heyday and can enjoy it's scenery while driving the old route,

That is my question to Promods
Roxy Vanessa,

ScuL
Founder

15 Apr 2022 11:18

The problem with building small roads like that is the heavy scenery that is necessary to give the road an authentic feel. The Alps are a very difficult area to work in (due to the terrain) and so it would be a choice of either having the old road or the "new" motorway. It's practically impossible to have both.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MrShadow205
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2022 13:47

I can see where your coming from with this, and I agree it’s a challenge, Ik SCS did do it when ets2 first came out and yes it was ok but not ideal and left in obscurity and shown little appreciation for its history before the modern autobahn on the pass was built in 1964, what I’m getting at was the historical history that played a huge part in modern transport back then and now. What I was thinking that if promods can do it albeit challenging at first, but I was more thinking that if players went on the old road and it would give them the experience of the beauty of it like the old drivers experienced in their day, I’m not saying or indicating your wrong, it is a challenge I agree but such a historical route like the brenner pass should be like given a chance and maybe be educational for players and developers alike. I mean you see where I’m coming from with it?
Roxy Vanessa,

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information