Middle East Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
asilas
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2022 20:07

yeh why map nuweiba when red sea map did perfect job

ScuL
Founder

06 Jun 2022 00:39

In what bizarre universe is mapping a city forbidden "because someone else has already created it"?

ETS and ATS are moddable games and any person can decide what they create and when they want it.

There is no such thing as "claiming" a city or territory.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

kamikazee54

06 Jun 2022 06:33

For those, who are against building Al Sharaf and Nuweiba by Promods team, i have a question - What about those users, who want to use Promods + Middle Eeast addon maps only? According to your logic, those players are forbiden to have that cities in their game, just because some ... could take it as "unnecessary provocation"?

Shiva

06 Jun 2022 14:21

if cowork, then those 2 could be good connections to Red Sea Map.
And a connector could use either RSM or PMME cities. Right?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Vinnie Terranova

06 Jun 2022 22:13

Yeah, but who is gonna make that connector? And who is gonna update that connector each time ProMods Middle-East and/or Red Sea Map is updated?

Shiva

06 Jun 2022 23:59

How does the connection work now?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

07 Jun 2022 00:05

I feel like this is turning into a little war between the mapping community that no one wants, especially with the situation in real life. I can't help but notice though, this ain't the first time that people from other map teams complain about ProMod's "endeavors" and that makes me really annoyed. As a lot of people here stated already, with this particular issue, emreunalir wants to build two cities which are already part of TerraMaps' Red Sea Map. Only he didn't mention that in his post.

At this point there are so many huge map mods that it's almost guaranteed you're going to "crash" into another map's parts if you venture too far. Which is not so bad per se, but it affects a lot people who enjoy these maps. So I would suggest to take that into account by at least communicating that there's no intention to suppress some other's work or even try to replace it. Otherwise that could be seen as a lack of respect or disesteem of some other's work and I think that's exactly what happened here.

Another quite recent example of that would be GRace with Barents Sea venturing into parts of RusMap that they only recently had reworked and are still working on. So relatively new quality content (although PM quality beats them). But he didn't mention that in his post either...
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

emreunalir
Developer

07 Jun 2022 01:55

My main purpose in developing the project was to assist Platypus in its middle east renovation. I then chose to move south and developed Nuweiba and AlSharaf. When I learned that TerraMaps was working in this area, I limited my work in this area. I don't think this is a source of trouble. I do not intend to work in this field any longer. I think this problem can be solved with a little filing method;

- Only two cities I made can be used for users using ProMods
- For Red Sea users, the two cities I added will be cancelled.
It's a very simple process to achieve this!

What I don't understand is, why should we have such a problem with TerraMaps, while many maps on Europe adapt in this way?
Everyone is obsessed with these two cities, but I also prepared 2 rebuilt (Taba and Haql) and 2 reskin cities (Aqaba, Eilat) . Although I did not create these two cities, however, it is necessary to establish a connection with the renewed Taba and the renewed Haql.
We ProMods developers do not prefer to work in a field with referrals. When I was overwhelmed by the Turkey project, I thought I might like the texture of the desert. Horizon was already working in Iraq and Cairo is too big a city for me.That's why I chose this area. There are exactly 3 of the Arabic illuminated text that I shared the photo of, I worked for 2 hours for each of them.

However, as a result of this work I do as a hobby, I see that my work has been stoned. This is my first and last response to this ridiculous discussion.

Kind Regards.
Yurtta Barış, Dünya'da Barış
Peace at home, peace in the world

https://youtube.com/channel/UC1MwgJmFd01AP5PjEBbjGWQ

asilas
Donation rank:

07 Jun 2022 08:52

Sorry but I'm a long time promods fan but now I think I'm leaving this community because I'm not going to choose terramaps or promods so it's sad and shame that promods won't and can't work together with great terramaps team

Wrona 628

07 Jun 2022 08:58

oh no ... ProMods wants to do two shit cities that someone else did ...

oh no ... I will say that I will be offended and will write a moronic post that I am devastated and leave this community ...

Just don't cry.

Can we close the topic? And not to come back to him because it makes no sense?
Have a nice day and tasty coffee in the morning
Życzę miłego dnia i smacznej kawusi z rana
;)

ProMods Translator
TerraMaps Translator

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information