Duisburg

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
DannyKR

19 Oct 2022 22:11

Dear developer team,

I noticed that Duisburg is one of the most boring cities on the map. It doesn't matter at all whether you play the SCS or Promods map. Duisburg not only has Europe's largest container port to offer no Duisburg also has the world's largest inland shipping port to offer. That's why I wanted to ask in general if it's possible to integrate Europe's largest container port and the world's largest inland shipping port in Duisburg? Because I find Duisburg extremely boring in its current state on the SCS as well as on Promod's map, and I avoid driving cargoes to or from Duisburg as much as possible. Anyway, I would find it really cool if you from the development team would tackle the topic of Duisburg so that Duisburg at least becomes more interesting on Promods.

ScuL
Founder

19 Oct 2022 22:44

Something will happen in this area in the next year or two, but at the moment I agree that it's a poor part of the map
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

DannyKR

20 Oct 2022 11:31

Yeah, what can I say? It's not bad, please don't get me wrong. It's just boring embroidery. And that's not the case in reality. Because Duisburg, with Europe's largest container port and the world's largest inland waterway port, actually has a zone for the game that is very exciting. In the same way, you could link the container port in Düsseldorf, which is located in the Media Hafen, with the Neuss industrial area. Because there are so many companies in the industrial area of Neuss that should actually be of great interest to ETS. And I always find it a pity that something like that is not taken into account. Because it would be a real enrichment and a really cool upgrade for this game. I make absolutely no difference whether I drive on the SCS map or on the Promods. Above all, it would be cool if there were narrow streets in some cities.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 20 Oct 2022 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, DO NOT quote the post above yours

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2022 13:20

I don't know who told you that Duisburg is Europe's largest container port, because it isn't at all. It's only Europe's largest inland waterway port, that much is true. But Europe's largest container port is of course Rotterdam, followed by Antwerp. Then, the third en fourth place go to Germany's largest container ports which are Hamburg and Bremerhaven. ;)

DannyKR

22 Oct 2022 18:10

@TruckingDutchman010

True as far as the container port is concerned, but only partially true as far as the inland port is concerned. Because the port of Duisburg is in fact the largest inland port in Europe, and when all public and private port facilities are considered together, it is the largest inland port in the world with a total area of 10 km². But you understand what I want to say with my question? If not, I would be happy to explain it to you.

TruckingDutchman010
Donation rank:

24 Oct 2022 20:19

Of course I understand. I agree on the fact that Duisburg (as well as Düsseldorf and Cologne) are quite boring. But I think it's also a matter of a lack of space. It's not a very common thing that there are built that many cities within such a small area: Cologne AND Düsseldorf AND Duisburg AND Oberhausen AND Dortmund. It's quite a miracle that it's possible at all, if you ask me... If you want to expand Duisburg, I'm afraid we'll have to sacrifice Düsseldorf. On the other hand, despite the lack of space I also hope they'll ever find a way to build the A40/E34 along Duisburg to connect the A3 to the Dutch A67 at Venlo, so that the Ruhr Area get a direct connection (via Eindhoven) with Antwerp and (indirectly) with Calais. In real life, I often see many Brits driving the A67 in NL, so it's clearly a very important corridor.

DannyKR

24 Oct 2022 20:57

@TruckingDutchman010

Well, I wouldn't even say that Düsseldorf would have to be sacrificed, because the inland port where the containers are located is in the direction of Oberhausen and not Düsseldorf. But I agree with you about Düsseldorf and Cologne. They are also a bit boring, somehow I have the feeling that Düsseldorf and Cologne are seen as so-called "transit cities" so that a certain connection is established. Whereas Düsseldorf and Cologne, like Duisburg, have more to offer in reality. It's just a pity that the real potential and the interesting things that each city has to offer are not used. As I said, it makes no difference in this case whether it is SCS or Promods. The fact remains the same Duisburg is and remains extremely boring. For that reason alone, something has to happen to Duisburg.

MissR91

29 Nov 2022 09:02

Duisburg isn't only the biggest inland port in the world (!), it's only the biggest steel producer of europe. So actually this City needs a lot of more companies for logistics. The bad thing is that Oberhausen was build too near to Duisburg so that there's only a little space to expand, but otherway it's a chance to show part of the Ruhr Area were nearly all the cities are that close together that you don't have real borders. So maybe you can build Oberhausen and Duisburg that close that it seems like one City. That's what it looks like in real.

There's also less space between Duisburg and Düsseldorf in the south. This is also a space you need just a little bit of green between the cities to be realistic.

I think the Ruhr Area gives you so much potential to build all the cities as one with a maximum of logistic companies and landmarks.

DannyKR

29 Nov 2022 10:33

@MissR91

Yes, I agree with you completely. The design could make the Ruhr area more attractive. But I have to be honest and say that I wouldn't miss Oberhausen if they used the site of Oberhausen. I didn't realise about the biggest steel producer, because I thought that the biggest steel producer was Krefeld. But you could probably be right, of course. For all I care, the cities of Oberhausen and Duisburg can be merged to better show the attractiveness of the Ruhr region. I see it the same way with Düsseldorf. Because up to now, regardless of whether it's SCS or Promods, Düsseldorf and Cologne have only been transit cities. And I think that's a great pity. In reality, Duisburg, Düsseldorf and Cologne have so much to offer the game that it's a real shame that this potential isn't being used.

MissR91

29 Nov 2022 11:15

The steel plants in Duisburg own a complete of 10km², which is the biggest place in europe. And they're produce a complete of 12 Mio. tons of steel every year.

Which i've forget to write is that Duisburg as a logistics location is one of the most important cities of central europe. There all the turnstiles for water shipment, trains, steel and other logistics. So actually it's a need to give this area to be a important place on the german map. It's also the end of the new silk road.
Last edited by mads1153 on 29 Nov 2022 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't qoute the post above your post.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information