Development on version 1.x (Project Euromir)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
martinusK

05 Jan 2015 22:19

MrSimsFaniFIN wrote:Are roads in bad condition in Estonia?
Depends on the region. National roads that are maintaned by the country are in good shape and constantly expanded (the N2 (Tallinn-Tartu-N7) is being expanded to a 2+2). Roads in Tallinn aren't that great tho, mainly due to a corrupt pro-Russian mayor who mainly spends the city's money on the Russian region of Tallinn.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

kallejre

05 Jan 2015 22:52

@MrsimsfanFIN
It depends on local goverment(kohalik omavalitsus, palun kontrollige; not sure about translation).
Officaly, contury/goverment allocates specific amount of money to each local gov. for road mainetance and so on. How much money is invested to specific sector depends on local gov. priorities and corruption.
There are some legendary 'Moon highways', but most of them are (partially) reconstucted. E.g Männiku tee.
Worst time to drive in Estonia is in November or December, first morning after night-long snow storm. "Just like every year, we didn't expect snow" say transport managers.
Also 'famous' street is Tuukri street (in translation Frogman), which ironically becomes pool with long rainfalls. Same goes to Laagna road/Lasnamäe CHANNEL, wich turns cars into boats:)

Dannu
Donation rank:

05 Jan 2015 23:04

Okay. I can understand bit of estonian because my native language is finnish (tere tulemast soome!)and finnish is in same language family as like estonian and hungarian. (Sorry for off-topic).
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

Potsie
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2015 09:41

Well I do too, but so what? I hear estonian every day at a work a lot. Still I am not opening a discussion about it.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2015 10:29

Yeah estonia is close to completion. I did want to map more today but I feel pretty sick and need to try and pass for my driving license so no time for mapping today.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Volvofahrer 26
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2015 11:16

Nico wrote:Yeah estonia is close to completion. I did want to map more today but I feel pretty sick and need to try and pass for my driving license so no time for mapping today.
Good luck Nico! ;)
ADR-Cargo Mod

http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t ... 629#p96629

Get a new challenge with dangerous cargos!

martinusK

06 Jan 2015 13:39

Good luck :D
Nico, you have worked so undercover (aka without posting pics), i thought that you have ALOT of stuff left to do in Estonia!
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Tijzemaes
Donation rank:

06 Jan 2015 18:35

Martinus Kundla wrote:
MrSimsFaniFIN wrote:Are roads in bad condition in Estonia?
Depends on the region. National roads that are maintaned by the country are in good shape and constantly expanded (the N2 (Tallinn-Tartu-N7) is being expanded to a 2+2). Roads in Tallinn aren't that great tho, mainly due to a corrupt pro-Russian mayor who mainly spends the city's money on the Russian region of Tallinn.
Dammed. I'm going on a holiday to Estonia this summer. I hope the train tracks are in better conditions! :)
#JeSuisCharlie

martinusK

06 Jan 2015 18:41

Nice to have you coming here :D
The train tracks are in good shape :D Also Estonia just got some new trains: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadler_FLIRT#Estonia

Rocar 512E

06 Jan 2015 18:55

Martinus Kundla wrote:Nice to have you coming here :D
The train tracks are in good shape :D Also Estonia just got some new trains: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadler_FLIRT#Estonia
What happened to the ER2 Soviet-built trains?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information