Which open end/non liniear PC games exists

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
LoaderSaints

06 Mar 2015 16:50

No one mentioned Minecraft, StarMade or Unturned yet? If not then I have just mentioned them. :lol:

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

06 Mar 2015 17:20

Oh yeahh Minecraft haven't played it though but it's surely within this leaque
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

thekovacs
Donation rank:

15 Mar 2015 23:15

M4rkus wrote:That looks nice! Unfortunately it's not easy to make European-looking historical city centres in SimCity 4.
You can certainly do it, if you download enough custom models which match the style you're aiming for. It's not too difficult, although you should be willing to mix and match a little bit.

As MandelSoft pointed out, Sim City 4 has an incredibly expansive modding community. It's a definite contender for being a never-ending title, in my opinion. Most of the fun in the game is looking for new building styles to add to your region, and finding delightful little authentic mods which just add a touch of extra realism. It pays tribute to the games longevity that so many people are still playing it, after more than a decade since the original release.

fraserm

17 Mar 2015 16:22

Anyone play Spore? Almost unlimited opportunities to travel to local or distant star systems, make money (Sporebucks), and befriend or fight new species.
In its own way it's quite similar to StarFlight that was mentioned earlier.
Quite absorbing.
M.

martinusK

17 Mar 2015 16:30

fraserm wrote:Anyone play Spore? Almost unlimited opportunities to travel to local or distant star systems, make money (Sporebucks), and befriend or fight new species.
In its own way it's quite similar to StarFlight that was mentioned earlier.
Quite absorbing.
M.
I love that game :) The times i've reached Space stage...uncountable :D The times i've finished space stage tho....0 :lol:
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Roudou

18 Mar 2015 17:57

Allmost all civilians aircraft simulators.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2015 18:10

Don't you a kind of carrier with tasks you need to accomplish at a minimum of points before stepping up to next level?

Roudou

19 Mar 2015 07:58

No, you just pick an aicraft, select a departure airport, eventually an arrival airport if you want to do a specific flightplan, select a type of weather (even the real one with an internet connection), and go fly.

You can add some challenge or just a goal to fly with some exterior programs like Air Hauler or FS Passengers, a kind of "Airline Tycoon". I prefer Air Hauler, cause you just choose a HQ and the program generates some jobs to do, when you ask yourself "Where can i go fly today ?", it's helpfull. And in those two programs there is, indeed, the possibility to play with a level type unlocker. Much hours of flight bigger aicraft you can fly, but only optionnal.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

19 Mar 2015 08:28

Roudou wrote:No
Thanks ;-)
I got a demo of MSFS which was pretty much locked down though

ZelvaCZ

19 Mar 2015 19:38

Kerbal Space Program, I play it quite a lot last days. In newer versions, the career mode was added, but it still contains sandbox mode, which is really fun.
Basically, you build your own rocket and conquer a fictional solar system. Also, it's a very nice and fun way to learn basic orbital mechanics and such things.

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information