Development on version 2.x (Trailer and Company Pack)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
SimulatorSam
Donation rank:

03 Jul 2015 16:48

Looks great! :D But why is Eddie Stobart, Trameri? That's the only thing I don't like. :|

LoaderSaints

03 Jul 2015 17:04

Once we have the ability to create custom companies we've been planning to change it so that Eddie Stobart becomes one. Then Trameri will be replaced with something else. Though we could just replace it now but that would mean that there would be no Eddie Stobart in the initial release. However, this decision is not mine to make alone.

Jocke75

04 Jul 2015 12:57

Hi! How are you guys doing in the summer heat? :D

Since english is not my native tongue i apologize in advance for any spelling or grammatical errors. :oops:
Im a new member and a great admirer of your work and when i saw that you would like some suggestions for replacements for Scandinavian companies i thought i would make myself useful and give you guys some suggestions. ;)
Some of these companies are subsidiaries but i included them anyway since they operate in the specified industry.

Agronord - Arla (food producer, not much vegetables though)
BHV - Bilia
Bjork - SCA Forest Products (or just SCA for short, they have a lot of subdivisons and forest is one. Easier to just use SCA probably even if not entirely correct)
Drekkar Trans - GDL
MS Stein - LKAB, Nordkalk
Nordic Stenbrott - Lundin Mining, Norcem
Norrfood - ICA Maxi, Netto, Coop
Norrsken - Kuehne & Nagel, Bring
Polar Fish - Marine Harvest
Renar Logistik - Green Cargo
Sag & Tre - Sveaskog

I found all these companies on a website called largestcompanies.se (you might have visited it already) It lists all the biggest companies in Scandinavia + Finland. I didnt always pick according to size but instead how well known the company is or that their logo is easy to replicate. I hope its of some use :)

zebenji
Graphics Designer

05 Jul 2015 09:09

Tronni22 wrote:I dont know if I'm being helpful or not but, maybe Hertz to replace BHV? Hertz are worldwide but they are in the scandinavian region aswell.
You have three main car rental services in Europe:

- Avis (howerver it's an American company)
- Hertz (but it's an American company)
- Europcar (the largest car rental company in Europe... and it's European!)

You also have Sixt, however the company is way smaller than Europcar at the moment (apparently twice smaller if you read Winipedia). You find this four car rental companies around all major European international airports, and the first three in most of the regional airports.

LoaderSaints

05 Jul 2015 10:21

@Jocke75 & zebenji
Thank you for your valuable feedback! This information is very useful to us. :)
We'll discuss about those companies suggested and then give you guys an update if we are still missing any.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2015 12:47

I think I would go for Europcar as a rental company.

Stuferus

05 Jul 2015 13:20

dont forget "buchbinder"! a really small but asome german rentail cargo vans and small trucks. no thats not advertisment!!

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2015 19:58

Thanks for the suggestion, however we are looking for a Europe-wide company. Please don't take that as criticism!

Superdavecan

08 Jul 2015 18:53

It's probably hidden in the discussion somewhere, but just a quick question... when it gets released is it going to be integrated as standard with the ProMods map? Or will it be an optional extra that you can download if you choose, but not compulsory? Not sure if maybe your stance has changed from earlier discussions either.

martinusK

08 Jul 2015 19:01

They're trying to get it ready for 2.0, if i recall correctly. Don't remember whether it was optional or part of the pack. :)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information