Development on version 2.x (Romania Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
martinusK

11 Jul 2015 19:43

I think it's same as Tallinn - because the tram lines are curved, you can't have any trams driving :(
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Rocar 512E

11 Jul 2015 19:44

Trams cannot work unfourtunatley :(
But i hope he will do a model of V3A Bucharest trams:

jscharpf
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2015 17:06

MIRFI wrote:@jscharpf It really makes me happy hearing positive reviews of people visiting Romania. ;) Hope you'll come visit again for a dish of Sarmale with Mamaliga! :lol:
I definitely plan on visiting again, we're seriously considering moving there. My wife misses it. I am getting a little older now and considering where to retire. Romania is fantastic, in my opinion. I like the city/country life of Arad, no crime, just nice. I feel in love with the country.

My wife has cooked Sarmale several times over the years. I love it! We also had some while in Romania.
The only thing I did not like is "tuica"??? much too strong for me I am not a heavy drinker lol. :oops:

However, your wine is incredibly good (I managed to sneak a few bottles from the Vrancea region in my luggage back to the states :)

Also, I would say your roads are in very good shape, the freeways are wonderful to drive on and see the sights.. I did not know what to expect when I rented a car in Arad to drive east. I was pleasantly surprised.
I also appreciate how Romanians drive, everyone seems to respect the left lane as the fast lane, and the right lane as the "get over" lane lol.. even on the smaller two lane roads traffic just kept moving.
One exception, my wife says Bucharest drivers are crazy. :shock:
Unlike in the USA where people drive like idiots, taking the left lane to drive below the speed limit.
Last edited by tkk7406 on 12 Jul 2015 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the quote tags

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2015 17:13

Well, using the right lane if it's vacant is kinda in the rules. Those who don't do so are frowned up in Europe.

DubLuV
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2015 19:28

Michael Rosen wrote:Trams cannot work unfourtunatley :(
But i hope he will do a model of V3A Bucharest trams:
<image snip>

It's possible to transform a simple vehicle to a tram , and to work as simple like a car or a trailer?
Last edited by tkk7406 on 12 Jul 2015 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote images, just the text
ProMods Language Translator

Rocar 512E

12 Jul 2015 19:44

jscharpf wrote:.
Yeah, bucharest is like hell for my father's Dacia.

cris222
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2015 19:58

Well it's true, i've lived in Bucharest for 12 years and I confirm it... Also last time I went back in my hometown Brăila, they were doing street races with Lambos and such :shock:
Driving a Mercedes-Benz truck somewhere in Germany while listening to Rammstein is an amazing combination :D

SkGe
Donation rank:

12 Jul 2015 22:04

Off-topic talking... Bucharest is full of rednecks so, nothing more to say about driving capabilities :)

Rocar 512E

12 Jul 2015 22:15

Today while going to my grandparents, a taxi driver tried to hit my dad's car and went on the other road at Opera Square in Bucharest
:shock:

martinusK

12 Jul 2015 22:16

DubLuV wrote:It's possible to transform a simple vehicle to a tram , and to work as simple like a car or a trailer?
I think that wouldn't be the hard part.
The hard part would be making a tram track-road for the vehicle, then assigning one certain vehicle on the track and making it not turn off the train-tracks onto the regular road.
Also it would only make sense to have 1-2 trams at a time considering how small the cities are, and currently you can't assign special traffic properties on a certain area.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information