Help with new map 1.5

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
cornishlad

03 Jan 2014 08:11

Hi Guys
Just wondering if any of you live in the the Sandhurst, Berkshire area of the UK. I am having difficulty getting the new map on the game and was wondering if there was anyone local who could PM or either meet up to help me put the map on to my game or do it through skype. I Have tried several times by following the promod lads instructions but my computer skills are not the best and there maps really make the game more enjoyable. Please put me out of my misery.
In anticapation
cornishlad. :cry: :cry:

adrian007
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2014 08:51

G'day Cornish lad
Seeing we're more less neighbours ( originally from Devon ) let's see if I can shed some light on the subject .
So let's try this from the start. And please don't misunderstand my computer skills are not that great either but I sort of got this sussed.
I'm going to break it down into steps OK ?
Image Step (A) this is very important to click on this gives the def. file Step ( B ) these also have to be downloaded just remember to click on the top right hand corner to skip the ad.
Once you have downloaded the file put them in the mods folder then open it the self extracting box will come up asking where it is to be saved or run I run in Mods then go the game and check the profile window and edit then tick the three boxes ( two maps and one def file ) then you should be pretty right.
Regards
Adrian 8-)

cornishlad

03 Jan 2014 09:33

Hi Adrian,
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes a cornishman born and lived in Falmouth untill19yrs old. Right down to the game, thanks for the break down. This is what I have done to start. The def file download goes straight to the open/save box at the bottom of the screen when security scan has finished I get the windows explorer asking to open the file I have winrar chosen to open this . It goes in to the winrar and I extract it to the mods folder, is there anything else I need to do with it. When I choose the free download for the part1 & part2 they go to winrar as usual .I extract part1 to mods but when I go and extract part2 a message comes up with unable to continue part2 is required. When they say create a new def what does this mean. I do not want to be a pain but would it be possible for you to give a complete idiots guide from start to finish as I said its the def file that is confusing me, and the part1 & part2 not extracting properly.

Cheers me ansome :lol: :lol:
cornishlad (Roger)

Zees90

03 Jan 2014 10:35

About def file, dont extract it, as it comes as a ready .scs file, which should be put to mod folder directly!
Put Part1 and Part2 to same folder, right next to each other, then extract part1 and it should extract part2 automatically, u dont need to extract part2 separately.

adrian007
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2014 10:41

G'day Roger happy new year etc.
Have sent you a pm
Regards
Adrian 8-)

cornishlad

03 Jan 2014 10:57

Cheers Adrian email sent. Thanks for all the help.

Happy new year
Roger

ScuL
Founder

03 Jan 2014 12:51

Hope you've got it working. I'm only 28 minutes away from you but it's maybe taking it a tad too far to deliver on-location support :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

cornishlad

03 Jan 2014 16:03

Hi Scul,
I will wait till Adrian007 wakes up in aussie land and try again. Its just so annoying when I download the files to winrar the extraction of part1 & 2 to the mods folder does not work. when in the mods folder do I have to do anymore extractions?.
Thanks again for replying and I could come to you.

cornishlad (Roger)

ScuL
Founder

03 Jan 2014 16:14

What is your problem, the fact that the multi-part rar does not extract properly?
Or have you forgotten to generate the definition file?

In total you need 3 files

promods-def-v152.scs
promods-map-v152.scs
promods-v152.scs
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

cornishlad

03 Jan 2014 16:29

Hi Scul,
when all files are downloaded to winrar do I then place them in mods folder and then extract from the mods folder and not the winrar, this could be were I am going wrong. wish I had more computer skills Ha!

cornishlad (roger)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information