UK Road Mistakes

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
philbean

05 Jan 2014 23:29

Just driven through Portsmouth. Fantastic !!

However, a couple of points.

There were a few stretches of road with a single unbroken white centre line. We don't have this in the UK. We have double unbroken lines for no-overtaking (and weird half broken half unbroken double lines).. but all the single white lines are dashed/broken.

Before traffic lights you have GIVE WAY signs. I know this is present in the SCS map too, but in the UK there is no Give Way sign at a traffic signal junction.

Hope this helps for any future updates.
Again... fantastic mod !! :)

Zees90

06 Jan 2014 12:53

In my understanding, Promods havent made any changes to UK..

ScuL
Founder

06 Jan 2014 13:11

Zees90 wrote:In my understanding, Promods havent made any changes to UK..
We have but they are minor.

* Added cities of Croydon & Portsmouth
* Fixed M4/M5 junction
* Added improved signage across the UK (overlays on navigation)
* Added LED campaign/info panels
* Testing with UK road studs (cat eyes)

We haven't changed anything about single lines I believe this to be in the standard map

Although you may be right on the single line I do contest the fact that these don't exist if I have a look here at the A30 I can see consistent double lines with cat eyes in the middle of the road
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

philbean

06 Jan 2014 23:54

Double solid lines exist but not single.

The areas of single solid lines are in Portsmouth in the mod.
I don't know how you create/select the road texture for modded maps.. but if you could use a dashed line it would be more accurate.

philbean

20 Jan 2014 01:29

More UK observations...

Driving southbound down the M1 into London,

- IKEA
There would never be an IKEA logo on a motorway gantry sign. It would probably say something like 'Retail Park' or the name of the retail park (eg: Trafford centre)

- Rickmansworth
Again, this would never be signposted on these Motorway signs as it's too small.

Hope you don't mind these points. They're constructive criticism as the rest of the mod is superb.
Love the LED sign gantries.

ScuL
Founder

20 Jan 2014 12:09

IKEA signs correct, but in real life you wouldn't see a 5 foot panel pointing to "Tree-et" either. It has a purpose for the game.

Rickmansworth is signposted frequently on the M25 I have passed by there a number of times
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=m25+ri ... 00.49,,0,0
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

20 Jan 2014 15:11

He is talking about the Ikea overlay that Ales added to the signs around the Ikea....

I think we will replace them with something better in the future.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

xXFallenAngelXx
Donation rank:

20 Jan 2014 20:17

philbean wrote:More UK observations...

Driving southbound down the M1 into London,

- IKEA
There would never be an IKEA logo on a motorway gantry sign. It would probably say something like 'Retail Park' or the name of the retail park (eg: Trafford centre)

- Rickmansworth
Again, this would never be signposted on these Motorway signs as it's too small.

Hope you don't mind these points. They're constructive criticism as the rest of the mod is superb.
Love the LED sign gantries.
Ive driven around the M25 quite a bit, Rickmansworth IS signposted just FYI. It's actually pretty common around London to have small (key) towns signposted if they have major A roads passing near/through them.

IKEA is somewhere around Luton/Milton Keynes. I imagine they were trying to mock up a small Milton Keynes there, cant be too sure though.

philbean

20 Jan 2014 23:16

Yeah them's the ones Nico.
The gantry signs.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information