Modding Q&A

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

24 Oct 2015 07:56

Is there an easy way to turn a right-hand drive prefab into a left hand drive (UK) prefab?
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Horizon™
Developer

24 Oct 2015 08:00

Yes, of course! Just tick the "Left-Hand Traffic" then you select the prefab with "Item Properties"
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

ETS2-User
Developer

24 Oct 2015 09:47

I'm afraid it's not that easy. Ticking that box doesn't turn it into a uk prefab. (To be honest I don't even know what this box actually does) If there's no UK version of that prefab yet you'll have to make one in Zmodeler…
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

martinusK

19 Nov 2015 23:48

Why is this happening? :)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

ScuL
Founder

20 Nov 2015 06:49

Press A
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

martinusK

20 Nov 2015 13:43

Thanks that worked :)

it's always the small things that get me damnit
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

aare-r

21 Nov 2015 00:20

Hi all

Can someone explain this case and how solve this problem?
ImageFirst picture from the original location
Tollgate original base file tollgate_a1_poland\tollgate_small.
Gate is thinner and open the right direction

Now when i use this gate in same map in different location this gate not working properly and even look different.
ImageSecond picture from the my location

Gate is flat, located in the different base (you can see even some cables).
ImageCloser look

and worst is, all gates opening in the wrong lanes/directions and trigered by AI tracks from the near lain.
ImageKiller gate

I tested this tollgate with the following different way:
Origin 1 or 0
Variant default; start; stop
and even direct copy from the original location (gates/semaphores changing on the fly)
used same route type for connecting my tollgate.

Nothing.

Edit: Questions, questions:
I want to somehow understand ETS2 traffic rules.
When I am approaching an intersection and there is no of the give-way signs, then real rules is, I am obliged to give-way to the cars approaching from the right.
But in the ETS this is, i believe, something like this: When you don't give-way to the cars approaching from the right, then in some cases this car hits you, but not always. When i stop then, cars approaching from the right, give-way to me all the time. :o
Where is the logic or some code writers scoff at us? Or I misunderstood something?
Last edited by mbman212 on 23 Nov 2015 03:55, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please do not double post. Use the "Edit" button instead.

joecarter1111111

29 Nov 2015 19:38

hello guys how do you edit maps on windows 10? ive seen the tutorial but ive made a map but I do not know where to save it.

martinusK

29 Nov 2015 20:03

I doubt there are any differences when saving using Windows 10 instead of, say, Windows 7.

Folder management
To be able to save your map:
Go in the game file directory : (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2)
Create a folder called « base ». In this folder create another folder called « map ».
1 Create a folder on your desktop called « base » and another one called “ (the name of your map) ” here called “project map”.
2 Search and copy the « base.scs » and “def.scs” in the game folder directory (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2)
3 Copy and paste them in the desktop “base” folder (nearly 2GB).
4 Copy paste the “scs_extractor” executive in desktop folder “base” from where you put it.
5 In the desktop folder « base », slide the « base.scs” on the « scs_extractor ». Than a extracting window will open and close when finished. Make the same for the “def.scs” file. This operation can be long for both files.
7 Now there are several folders, you can delete the « base.scs » and “def.scs”.
8 On your desktop create a new folder which will be your project called «project map» for example.
9 In the desktop folder « base », copy the « def » folder to the « project map » folder.
10 In the folder « project map » create a new folder called « map » (After each save you will have to copy the folder and the .mbd file which will be in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base\map).
Saving
Place a road by choosing new item and road (E and 1 on keyboard).
And save your map in the editor that I will call “test”(put the name of you project map), click on save map (or recompute if you add a factory), then close the editor.

1 In the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base\map
2 Copy the folder test and the file test.mbd in your "project map/map" folder
3 Then in the “project map” folder select all the files, right click to add in archive, select ZIP, and store, name your archive “test.scs ».
4 Now cut the new “test.scs” file and paste it in the C:\Users\Utilisateur\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator/mod
5 Start the game and in the console write: “edit test”.
6 your map is back as you leaved it and you can continue your work.

Be careful: the name after edit must be the same as the .scs file from your “project map” folder, like above write “edit test”
After each save game, and the game closed you have to do it again, so that you can continue to edit it, including the last modification.
if i have added any wrong/outdated/nonsuiting info, i apologize.

IceBlue

05 Dec 2015 12:49

NOOB QUESTION:

How to I add multiple curves in sections of road without adding in extra nodes? (Like on SCS Default Map)?

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information