Formula 1

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
KubaJAM
Donation rank:

20 Jun 2015 12:07

Since 2014 ;).

ETS2-User
Developer

20 Jun 2015 13:00

Oh ok then :lol:
So it's not been too long yet xD
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Eryman
Developer

21 Jun 2015 02:13

I'm a Formula 1 fan since 2006 and still watch every race. Too bad it became so boring... Recently GP2 races are a lot more attractive and funny. I like DTM as well.

Edit: 100th post :)

The brazilian guy of ProMods

Moh1336

21 Jun 2015 14:34

I watched most of today's race at x12 speed. I don't think I missed anything interesting.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

21 Jun 2015 17:55

You really didn't... but it did sum up for me what is wrong with F1. Penalties. Discretion is definitely missing within the system. For example, in football, if a referee deems a tackle to be worthy of a yellow card, he/ she will give a yellow card. If it wasn't that bad, he/ she will just give a free kick. But in F1, for example this race when Lewis Hamilton overran the pit exit line by about a metre, he was given a five second time penalty even though there was no-one around him and his visibly lost time rather than gained. If there was a possibility an accident could have been caused, sure, give it, but this kind of thing is just stupid. It's similar to the McLaren's twenty-five place grid penalty for an engine change, when only twenty cars take part anyway. Come on guys, it's unfair if a team which has had to exceed its total number of engines for the season in just nine races has a twenty place penalty every time they change to a new engine, even if they can't help it. This sort of thing has to be sorted out.

Moh1336

22 Jun 2015 09:59

The problem with Hamilton's white line is that the rule is there for safety. If they stop penalising it when no one is around, drivers may start taking risks and jumping onto racing line. If there happens to be a car coming there could be an accident.

The 5 second penalty is a fair thing in that situation IMO. Although they could change the system to use the pit lights. If they are green it is safe and allowable to cross the line, if there's a blue/amber light, it means there is a car on the pit straight or near the exit and the white line rule should be strictly observed.

There certainly times where discretion is required though, the penalty for McLaren was a joke. McLaren are doing so badly because of the rules, to then penalise them for a gear box change due to the fact they can't do any testing to improve in the first place, just goes to show how messed up the rules actually are on development.

While I understand that they want to limit spending, so introduced this token nonsense. Maybe they could change it slightly.

Have free development and testing to a specific calendar date before the season. Then stop all major development. After the first two races, give a budget (tokens or money) to slower teams based on performance compared to the best team[s].

For example this season; Red Bull might get 2 tokens for further development to help bridge the gap to Ferrari and Mercedes. Where as McLaren might get 10 because they are so far behind. The purpose being to help lower end teams get closer to the top teams. Maybe it wouldn't work, but it's an idea.

F1 is meant to be a pinnacle of motor sport, but what is the point existing if no one wants to watch because 9/10 you know the winner is going to be either Nico or Lewis? Here's hoping they don't copy Ferrari and have just them up front for the next 5 years.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

22 Jun 2015 16:44

Moh1336 wrote:The problem with Hamilton's white line is that the rule is there for safety. If they stop penalising it when no one is around, drivers may start taking risks and jumping onto racing line. If there happens to be a car coming there could be an accident.
That was exactly my point. If it was clear he could've caused an accident, the penalty would be justified, but if there was no chance he would cause an accident then it isn't.

kristiadi

29 Jun 2015 14:17

ooooh you guys are so blessed. we are in indonesia cant watch f1 regularly since 2013 season. i hope you guys always blessed as right now. btw, VIVA LA HAMILTON!!

Moh1336

29 Jun 2015 15:18

It really depends Kristiadi.

I have Sky TV (Satellite) so I can watch all the races. But people who don't have the Sky Sports Channels or only have basic TV channels don't get to see all the races here either. At least not live. The BBC currently share viewing with Sky has a dedicated F1 channel showing all the races/qualifying/practice sessions. BBC only get to show a few of the races live, the rest of the races are just highlights.

kristiadi

29 Jun 2015 17:35

oo realy?? hey this is something new. nice to know you moh1336. i mean its just the same in every country? i thought its just happens only in my country wkwkwk OMG i dont have satelite tv so i cant see the whole race, just keep updating via website hahaha

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information