New driver here

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
Infinitrium
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2016 14:50

Hi all, just picked up the ETS 2 deluxe bundle on Steam last night before the sale ended. I had a torrents version previously that had a bunch of mods included but I went legit so I could play the game online with some friends. In the torrented version I had (which I deleted) it had maps for Russia, Italy, north Africa and places like that. I don't know which mod did what map, I think RusMap maybe? ProMods was recommended to me by a friend on Facebook and I'm downloading it right now. To get all those maps I had in the other version of the game is ProMods all I need? What are the differences between ProMods and RusMap? Also, if you can recommend other worthwhile mods I should pick up, I'd appreciate it

Puncake
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2016 17:57

The map with africa etc is TSM map, TSM and ProMods arent compatible with eachother

Polestar
Donation rank:

05 Jan 2016 13:06

TSM = lots of new places (going as far as for instance Greece, and some spots in Africa), but not that high quality imo.
ProMods = insane quality, and in terms of size it's getting close, if not bigger, than TSM. Just no Africa, but I hope that's not a problem.

Don't forget to check out what the PM team added into the game: http://promods.net/compat.php
Current truck: 2021 Mercedes Actros MP5
Current trailer: 2021 Schmitz S.KO
License plate:
Image Image

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

05 Jan 2016 13:46

ProMods 2.0 and RusMap 1.6 work well together. We have been actively co-operating with its creator to establish extra connections between the two maps ;)

Although RusMap works with practically any major map mod (as well as ETS2 vanilla + official map DLCs), the extra connections are only available (and relevant!) in combination with ProMods. In this case, 1+1 is not 2, but rather 2½ :D
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Introductions”

• Information