Suggestion of a new version of Promods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
alvaro.jimenez.3760
Donation rank:

13 Jan 2014 11:23

Hello Promods team, wanted to propose the idea of launching a new version in late January or early February, as they intend to do TruckSim-Map. I propose to take everything that was done so far in Estonia, Ireland, France and other improvements that are being made. Had some cities in Spain could be accessed via a ferry for example in Brest. It does not seem very bad idea, I hope you note. Thanks :)

TheVerenzak
Donation rank:

13 Jan 2014 17:52

They'll decide when they feel like it's ready for the public, they don't want to release a broken version, or full of bugs.
Because TSM is going to release a new version, is no reason for ProMods to release a new one too. ProMods actually released a new version about 3 weeks ago, I don't see a reason for another one.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

13 Jan 2014 18:40

Indeed. From my experience, set release dates are killing and when you do have one, they are bound to have some bugs due to insufficient testing. I'd count on such a set release date.

Also, we left TSM behind us a long time. Why should we even follow them?

Good things take time and effort to create. We are working for almost two weeks now on Stockholm and I'd say progress is between 50 and 60%. Yes, it takes that long to make a city in ETS2 from scratch, especially properly detailed ones.

Furthermore, quite some new map parts are not even nearly ready. Ireland is very, very, very rough with maybe only one town in place, Estonia also really needs quite some more work, what you see from France now is all there is in France at the moment, plus Angers, which Kutchek just finished yesterday. Looks may be deceiving...

We still have a lot to do and we are nowhere near releasing a new map with new addons. Maybe only some bugfixes, but new sectors? No...

Best,
Maarten
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

14 Jan 2014 01:51

dont worry MandelSoft, I'll be patient. Good maps come to people that wait.

Kutchek

16 Jan 2014 15:20

Mandelsoft is right. Regarding the French part and Angers in particular, a company called "test" and asks just be tested. I just finished exchanger Rennes road that leads to Angers, but the road is not yet done. A tollgate of Ancenis is not working as I would like. More should implement dead-lines, remove some roads UI map for the plan and completed horrizon lines to be correct.

I also think it is better to liberate the map with a substantial upgrade rather than just one or two new cities

Carlos

18 Jan 2014 08:33

Hey guys!
Great map mod!
Would like to know if its possible to make a shop addon?
Is it possible to create 2 new truck shop prefabs(call the Truck World or TrucKing for eg), add them randomly in citys all over the map and allow us to add our exttra truck mods into those shops, I hate it when a truck mod overwrites a previous Truck
Is that possible??

Moh1336

18 Jan 2014 14:53

There will be an update due to the 1.9 patch. But the real question is, will they surprise us with some new things? :P

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information