Restarting ETS2 from scratch after a new update arrives

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
marco.freitas
Donation rank:

23 Apr 2016 15:44

Good afternoon,

I have been noticing that I have the need to restart the game from scratch (losing all the progress, so far..) everytime a new update from promods arrives.

Everytime I play I end up saving sessions which I understand are saved using the "current" version of promods, however, when I install a new or updated version, such as for example, 2.02, using ETS2 1.23, I get a screen with all the saved versions with a symbol (!) on the corner, advising that it may not work because they were saved using version 2.01 of promods.

I have to say that I understand that there's possibly a conflict because there are 2 diferente versions, still, is there a way of overcoming, or solving this issue?

As one can imagine it's a bit frustrating having to start the game from scratch and lose ALL the progress: Money, XP, Garages, pretty much everything. :(

Help would be much appreciated :)

Thank you! ;)

patrick.lowyck.7
Donation rank:

23 Apr 2016 16:29

Don't need to restart from scratch, your xp, money ,garages will still be there after an update. (if you use the same profile)

Vøytek
Developer

23 Apr 2016 16:48

marco.freitas wrote:I get a screen with all the saved versions with a symbol (!) on the corner, advising that it may not work because they were saved using version 2.01 of promods.
It only indicates that 2.01 is missing and it's normal if you deleted 2.01 when installing new version - 2.02 in this case. It doesn't matter ingame, you'll continue from your main garage.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information