Ai traffic VS. Map. VS. Trailer pack load priority.

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Sakura_Matou

25 Apr 2016 00:57

Sorry ahead of time if this is the wrong place to post this question, but I am fairly new to using mods in ets 2. I just wanted to know where should I place trailer and AI mod packs in the load order? Should I place them Above the Map packs (RusMap/Promods) or below them? The reason I ask is that a few times when I get to the end of my job delivery I run into some places I can not deliver my trailer either manually or auto parking.

The Mods I use besides RusMap and ProMods are Jazzycats AI traffic/Rus traffic all trailer packs and painted trucks. (all updated) I have them placed below the map mods in the manager.

Thank you in advance!

Drive Safely

25 Apr 2016 02:38

I've always used this load order and it's worked fine for me:

Highest priority

1. Trailer packs (reason: override in case of replacing trailer definitions/skins from maps)
2. AI Traffic (reason: override in case of replacing a map's AI traffic definitions)
3. Maps

Lowest priority

Josh0

25 Apr 2016 16:27

Sakura_Matou wrote:I just wanted to know where should I place trailer and AI mod packs in the load order? Should I place them Above the Map packs (RusMap/Promods) or below them?
Drive Safely wrote:1. Trailer packs (reason: override in case of replacing trailer definitions/skins from maps)
2. AI Traffic (reason: override in case of replacing a map's AI traffic definitions)
3. Maps
I agree with Drive Safely's recommendation, place A.I. traffic mods and Trailer/Cargo/Company mods above map mods.
Sakura_Matou wrote:The reason I ask is that a few times when I get to the end of my job delivery I run into some places I can not deliver my trailer either manually or auto parking.
I think it is unlikely that A.I. mods or Trailer/Company mods would influence the ability to deliver the trailer, regardless of mod order. That sounds more like a map/prefab problem. The order of the map mods can make a difference, but I assume you are following the recommended order specified in the readme file that comes with the RusMap package.

Sakura_Matou

26 Apr 2016 01:04

Used your suggestions for load order and yes I followed RusMap's read me, trailer delivery bug is rare but does happen once in a great while.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information