ATS Map Editor - Can not test?

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
MarioBro14

08 May 2016 17:49

Im trying to show my work to see if ProMods will let me in the team for . I told him recently that I am a currently in college working to get my masters in transportation engineering, But he said hes interested to see just what I can do. However this silly ats editor won't even let me run my own map let alone stress test it with heavy traffic :/ With simple road connections it works fine, but with more complex layout's it just won't load. And the game is so new no one else has this problem that I know of D: Used to crash, but now every time I hit "run map" 1.) Goes Black 2.) Minimizes window 3.) When I open the minimized window, it has a new map Instead (Just the car).

Vøytek
Developer

08 May 2016 17:59

Don't do it like that. Save it, go to ATS installation folder. Open 'base' folder and right-click 'map' folder. Choose "add to archive" or something like that. Name it whatever you like, maybe "mymap.scs", (don't forget to choose ZIP and no compression) and copy this archive to mod folder. Run the game, select this mod in your profile and it'll work :)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 May 2016 18:54

Maps need to be repacked every time you save them and leave the editor. "Run Map" will only show the version you have packed last time in your mods folder.

I'd like to refer to these videos:
http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9685
They explain how this works for ETS2. ATS works practically the same.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

MarioBro14

08 May 2016 21:17

Hm Okay thank you. And would incorrectly connected roads ever prevent it from functioning properly? (Thank you for all your help btw)

ScuL
Founder

09 May 2016 00:41

If roads are not connected the map will load but AI will disappear at the seams and GPS navigation will fail
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MarioBro14

09 May 2016 01:49

Well that's not the problem then. Hmm

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information