Compatability

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Ian-C

30 Nov 2018 10:47

Hi

I was looking to download the 2.32 pack from your Payloadz site and noticed it states that the pack is not compatible with the "Beyond the Baltic Sea" expansion but your other download page with the multiple 7 zip files mentions nothing about comparability. Could you please clarify the situation and explain how one pack is compatible and the other not, or what the situation is.

Stringbean

30 Nov 2018 12:06

I've just purchased the 2.32 pack as well and noticed on the 'Compatibility' Tab that even though Promods is now updated to v2.32 in order to be compatible with ETS v1.33, it won't work if the Baltic DLC is installed.

Now ETS v1.33 was updated to reflect the fact that Baltic DLC was coming so I naturally assumed that Promods did the quick update to not only work with ETS v1.33 but also be compatible with Baltic DLC. Obviously not.

CAPLV
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2018 12:11

promods 2.32 will load even w/Baltic DLC.. but you wont see SCS Baltic.. you`ll see Promods Baltic.. atm.
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Ian-C

30 Nov 2018 12:17

Stringbean wrote:
30 Nov 2018 12:06
I've just purchased the 2.32 pack as well and noticed on the 'Compatibility' Tab that even though Promods is now updated to v2.32 in order to be compatible with ETS v1.33, it won't work if the Baltic DLC is installed.

Now ETS v1.33 was updated to reflect the fact that Baltic DLC was coming so I naturally assumed that Promods did the quick update to not only work with ETS v1.33 but also be compatible with Baltic DLC. Obviously not.
Stupid thing is i got an email from them and the first line states "This is a compatibility update for ETS 2 build 1.33." and as 1.33 is the Beyond the Baltic update one would assume it is compatible but as stated on the Payloadz site it's not compatible.

Merge:
CAPLV wrote:
30 Nov 2018 12:11
promods 2.32 will load even w/Baltic DLC.. but you wont see SCS Baltic.. you`ll see Promods Baltic.. atm.
So the email they sent out contains a false statement! They should make that clear in any communications as it's classed as false advertising.
Last edited by Davyddin on 01 Dec 2018 00:15, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged multipost; please edit your posts instead of multiposting

bmwGTR

30 Nov 2018 12:26

Hi,

why is this false advertising?
Baltic DLC IS compatible, but the Baltic DLC areas are overwritten with ProMods areas.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

CAPLV
Donation rank:

30 Nov 2018 12:46

in some way i agree...
statement here - compat.php is a little bit incorrect :) its better to replace "....does not prevent the game from loading but is not compatible." with something like this "is compatible, however all changes from the DLC will be replaced by ProMods Baltic map." as situation with France DLC..

statement that Baltic DLC is not compatible w/promods is incorrect. Promods just replace DLC map.
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Stringbean

30 Nov 2018 12:51

From bmwGTR

''#Baltic DLC IS compatible, but the Baltic DLC areas are overwritten with ProMods areas''.

Then Baltic DLC is NOT compatible if promods v2.32 is overriding it.

I agree with the OP. The ETS v1.33 update was purposely made with their new Baltic DLC in mind. Promods was quickly updated to v2.32 to be compatible with v1.33 but it won't work properly with Baltic DLC installed which I find odd.

Looks like we're going to have to wait for the next version of Promods to work with both v.1.33 and the Baltic DLC.

Merge:
CAPLV wrote:
30 Nov 2018 12:46
statement that Baltic DLC is not compatible w/promods is incorrect. Promods just replace DLC map.
It's not incorrect,..Promods overiding Baltic DLC is not what I call being compatible.
Last edited by Davyddin on 01 Dec 2018 00:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged multipost; please edit your posts instead of multiposting

Ian-C

30 Nov 2018 13:04

The full text of the email...
ProMods 2.32 is now available!
This is a compatibility update for ETS 2 build 1.33.

Also the ProMods Trailer & Cargo Pack (TCP) has been updated.

You must own the Going East! DLC, the Scandinavian DLC, the Vive La France! DLC as well as the Italia DLC in order for ProMods to work.

There is also a file testing tool for those who are struggling with the multi-part 7-zip archives. You can find the tool on the download page and the archive contains some instructions if you need them.
It says nothing about the ProMods version of the region being used instead of the Baltic DLC which i paid for and would be expecting to see if i drove in that region. so as stated above it's not compatible but overwrites the DLC content which i think is fairly important information that needs to be passed to users.

EdgeGladiator

30 Nov 2018 13:11

Promods is compatible with the DLC, it will work fine, but the work of ProMods in the Baltics country will appear instead of that of SCS,
how many times do we have to say it?

Now stop answering!
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

ScuL
Founder

30 Nov 2018 15:29

There is no mention of the Baltic DLC in the email, because there is no need to be.

ProMods 2.32 makes sure that the pack works on version 1.33 of the game, nothing more, nothing less.

You can enable or disable the DLC and ProMods will work in both cases.

If you had expected Baltic DLC compatibility within 24 hours I have to disappoint you as we are not superhumans.. It will take several weeks, if not months due to the complexity.

Bottom line is, if you want to drive the new DLC areas right now you'll have to disable ProMods temporarily.. You could easily switch between profiles because we have provided 1.33 compatibility..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information