Is it just me

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
ian.emerson36
Donation rank:

27 Jun 2020 17:12

Hi guys

Can I just say what a fantastic job you do with the map, I have been using the PM mod for quite a while now (so i'm no stranger to ETS2) in fact I was playing truck sim when it first graced our PC's back in August 2008, so i'm well aware of the many issues this game brings us users, in the past few years I have been using the same mods with regular updates and had no issues like what i'm experiencing at present
Mods list:-
PM Map obviously
Grimes seasons mod
Jazzycat Traffic packs (I know for some players these have caused issues) but not for me
Real companies and real fuel stations
DP's traffic
HN Immersive symbols
Sogard lowdeck Krone trailer mod
50K wheels and tyres

and thats about it, all of my PC hardware is up to date, I used to play this on 400% scaling with zero issues, now I stuggle to play it on 150% scaling, I have optimised it in the Nvidia panel, messed about with the steam launch option, messed about with the Nvidia control panel (lots of veiwing youtube) I have unistalled and installed the game (no change) my PC specs are as follows
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHZ
12.0 GHZ ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
iiyama 24" monitor
Xbox gamepad

for me in this current situation I really feel like throwing my PC out of the window, soooo much jerking and massive lag, driving perfectly then all of a sudden I get about a 2 second pause, I have tried with and without mods, tried offline and online, lost count of how many new profiles I have made, this sim is really driving me nuts now, and I really can't cope with the flickering scenery i.e powerlines, fences, buildings, some say 400% scaling helps, but as you read previously that's out of the question for me, i'm so passionate about this sim as well and have spent most of my covid lockdown months playing it, as the heading says, is it just me? or is other people getiing the same issues
P.S I'm 44 years old and drive a real truck to earn a living
Any help from you guys would be a massive help

Thanks in advance
Ian.

CR929

27 Jun 2020 18:53

Hey Ian

Are you running the game from an HDD? I do have the stutters (I'd rather call them freezes - just like you said, for a few seconds, and the drive itself heats up like crazy) when running it from hard drive while it has something else to do e.g. downloading or copying stuff. SSD playing is smooth at any given time however I couldn't afford to use ProMods there as I have very limited space.
BlackBox Inc. - We deliver. Safe and sound.

Image + Image

ian.emerson36
Donation rank:

27 Jun 2020 22:04

Thanks for the reply, I will need to check with my brother, he built my PC, so he will know about SSD, I do remember It ran perfectly before he did a little upgrade, I do remember him banging on about solid state drive.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 28 Jun 2020 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information