PM2.55 Blank Roadsigns around Felixstowe, UK.

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
RevReese
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2021 17:27

Hi, I have just installed Promods 2.55 and noticed something very odd around Felixstowe.
I am coming across blank roadsigns, they are just blue or green with no text at all.
I have driven a few miles on and all the big signs are blank.
I have verified the game successfully with no problems and do not remember having this issue beforehand though it has been some time since i last drove.

I have updated my graphic card drivers and restarted as others have had a similar issue and an update fixed it in the past.

Everything else runs great and i am having no other problems.
Win10 x64 16GB Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti.

Thank you for your time and i hope someone could give me some ideas on what could be causing this as i have no mods installed that touch road signs, just map mods (rusmap, paris rebuild and roex) and a few steam workshop mods and jazzycat mods.

I posted on the ETS2 Steam forum, and someone suggested that the problem was a map mod, and seeing as i am currently in the UK it must be Promods.

Game log: https://pastebin.com/0kcsXHBJ

Josh0

15 Apr 2021 18:31

Other mods (not just map mods) can conflict with ProMods causing this behavior. Please test on a profile with only ProMods loaded.

RevReese
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2021 18:48

Thank you for your reply, just generating a new def file and will test and post again.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 16 Apr 2021 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

RevReese
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2021 19:11

Just tested the area with just PM2.55 (not including Middle East, TCP or CAP) around my home base and Felixstowe and the signs in question are there no problem, so it is definately a problem my end though i am only using Rusmap and RoEx and am near neither of the areas they cover.

RevReese
Donation rank:

15 Apr 2021 19:40

Just finished testing and it turns out it was either RoEx or Rusmap as all my other mods are working without issue and the road signs are present and correct.
I do not know how they could be affecting roadsigns in the UK but the evidence speaks for itself.
For now, i will remove them both from my load order and just stick with Promods.

Josh0

16 Apr 2021 01:09

The other map mod(s) could be affecting fonts (speculation).

muetzl

16 Apr 2021 10:54

Hey guys, had the problem myself, it happens all across PM territory, not just UK.
Arayas in the RoEx forum already detected RusMap to be the culprit and will contact the author. Temporary fix is to move all RusMap-files below ProMods.

RevReese
Donation rank:

17 Apr 2021 17:42

muetzl wrote:
16 Apr 2021 10:54
Hey guys, had the problem myself, it happens all across PM territory, not just UK.
Arayas in the RoEx forum already detected RusMap to be the culprit and will contact the author. Temporary fix is to move all RusMap-files below ProMods.
Interesting, thank you though for now i have removed both RusMap and RoEx and my game is going great (apart from the constant rain! ;)

I will keep an eye on the forums over there and see what happens, hopefully i can get them both back into my game before long.
Josh0 wrote:
16 Apr 2021 01:09
The other map mod(s) could be affecting fonts (speculation).
That's sounds about right but i guess we will never find out for sure, all i know is removing the two map mods resolved the problem, thanks for your suggestion, i should have done that first but i was a bit too hasty to post here!

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information