Suggestion: cities for a long-term plan

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Luthiery Cavalcante

02 Oct 2014 13:38

I can't call it a project, cause i'm not a map maker. I only searched cities with population above than 100,000 and drew roads based on Google Maps.

My intention is: When promods look for this area, please consider my idea.

Bosnia - Banja Luka, Sarajevo
Bulgaria - Sofia
Croatia - Osijek, Rijeka, Split, Zagreb
Italy - Trieste
Hungary - Pécs, Szeged
Kosovo - Pristina
Macedonia - Skopje
Montenegro - Podgorica
Serbia - Belgrade, Novi Sad, Nis
Slovenia - Ljubljana, Maribor

Is this suggestion good? comment it. Thanks!

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

02 Oct 2014 13:52

I'd say that the city density is spot on. One thing I know is that two of these cities (Pecs and Szeged) will be realised by an upcoming update from SCS on the Going East DLC. (When it will be out, I have no idea, but we know it's coming anyway). We could use this as a base plan on the long term ;)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

volan123
Donation rank:

02 Oct 2014 14:01

Yay Slovenia xD We're working on it! :D
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Purno
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2014 07:21

Yeah that looks like a reasonable plan with a pretty good density. We do have plans for expanding towards that region. But since we know SCS has plans there as well, we have to be careful with actually developing that area. Currently SCS has us bit on a lockdown, as we can't expand north due to the upcoming DLC, and neither can we expand west due to SCS's plans for UK/Ireland.

All the possible expansions that SCS hasn't blocked us yet, are actually in development (France, Italy, Euromir, Romania, Iceland). Once SCS has released some of their stuff, we may finally get some new areas opened up to work on :)

rarespetrosanu

03 Oct 2014 08:25

Wow new cities in Hungary ;) - great news - i didn't expect this to hear
For me it will be nice to have a connection from Budapest to Venice - my route - M7 Highway - Maribor - Ljubliana - Venice (Slovenia added)
ETS2 is still in development and it will be for years like SCS said , so i expect to see even my country , maybe who knows ...

jontsuba
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2014 09:06

Purno wrote:All the possible expansions that SCS hasn't blocked us yet, are actually in development (France, Italy, Euromir, Romania, Iceland). Once SCS has released some of their stuff, we may finally get some new areas opened up to work on :)
Does that mean that SCS has discarded making DLCs for those areas?

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2014 11:08

jontsuba wrote:Does that mean that SCS has discarded making DLCs for those areas?
Maybe they want to first finish the upcoming scandinavian one.
And if it goes the same as for the upcoming one, they will probably ask them to halt stuff in that areas shortly before they announce such stuff....or would it make sense for them to do that years before something may come ;)

Luthiery Cavalcante

03 Oct 2014 13:13

Purno wrote:Yeah that looks like a reasonable plan with a pretty good density. We do have plans for expanding towards that region. But since we know SCS has plans there as well, we have to be careful with actually developing that area. Currently SCS has us bit on a lockdown, as we can't expand north due to the upcoming DLC, and neither can we expand west due to SCS's plans for UK/Ireland.

All the possible expansions that SCS hasn't blocked us yet, are actually in development (France, Italy, Euromir, Romania, Iceland). Once SCS has released some of their stuff, we may finally get some new areas opened up to work on :)
Thanks for explain! Now I know how it works.

volan123
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2014 13:18

rarespetrosanu wrote:Wow new cities in Hungary ;) - great news - i didn't expect this to hear
For me it will be nice to have a connection from Budapest to Venice - my route - M7 Highway - Maribor - Ljubliana - Venice (Slovenia added)
ETS2 is still in development and it will be for years like SCS said , so i expect to see even my country , maybe who knows ...
Yeah Slovenia is a very important transit country since 2 corridors run through it ;) But the country doesn't know how to keep those transit people in Slovenia and would because of the good experience most definitely visit us the next year :)
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Purno
Donation rank:

03 Oct 2014 13:34

jontsuba wrote:
Purno wrote:All the possible expansions that SCS hasn't blocked us yet, are actually in development (France, Italy, Euromir, Romania, Iceland). Once SCS has released some of their stuff, we may finally get some new areas opened up to work on :)
Does that mean that SCS has discarded making DLCs for those areas?
No, it just means that we're not aware of SCS having plans for those regions.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information