Crashes in Spain - solved

Installation problems or game crashes? Post them here.
Forum rules
ALWAYS FOLLOW OUR SELF-HELP GUIDE FIRST.

If you report a game crash ALWAYS post your game.log.txt in between CODE tags, or if it too large post it on pastebin.com and share the link.
Iceman620

30 Oct 2021 19:14

I can't find my original post but I posted a message about my ets2 crashing in Spain just outside of Burgos Spain. I tried a number of things including looking at the loading order of the files for Promods, I have no other mod in game and I had assumed this was a issue with Promods latest update. I read over the suggestions in the forums and while I was certain I had created a new DEF file I recreated it and downloaded and installed it. Same problem. The thing that fixed it? Verify your steam files, how or why this was an issue I don't know but I had one file that had a problem, once steam verified the corrupt file or faulty file and replaced it I was able to complete my delivery. I had also tried running the game offline in case it was a server issue but it wasn't. So If you are experiencing crashing right now, follow the suggested trouble shooting guide and if your still having problems and are a steam player try my suggestion of verifying your files. If you are not sure how to do this just follow this...

Open your steam library.
right click on ETS2
in the menu that pops up click on properties
in the next menu click on local files
in that menu click verify integrity of game files.

I had just updated my Thrustmaster steering wheel software and had thought it might have effected it as well. It's important to review what you have changed since you started experiencing the problem. If I can help you can message me here. I am not a moderator or associated with Promods just a player like you. I currently do not have access to Promods discord channel as I had a Virus that got me banned but I am tried to contact the moderators to ask for forgiveness and earn my way back. I am Iceman in game if you see me contact me if you want, I will try to help where I can.

Return to “Gameplay issues ETS2”

• Information