Help,please! I m blocked

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
kolman3

21 Dec 2022 17:07

Hello,promods.
I cant download promods 2.63 it says i m blocked.
Can you lift the block?
Thank you. :)

Axel Slingerland

21 Dec 2022 20:52

Yep... This is what I get trying to download the first file of PM 2.63 just once...
Sorry! You've been blocked.

You've sent too many requests to this service which has upset something, or somebody in this universe and now you're blocked for your actions.
There's more to that message, but I'm sure whoever wrote it is aware of that. In any case, one request is hardly too many... Specially since I only did as a test. I'm a non-Steamer, and as such, limited to PM 2.33.
Today has been cancelled. Go back to bed.

Josh0

21 Dec 2022 21:05

kolman3 wrote:
Can you lift the block?
The block will expire automatically after a few hours.
kolman3 wrote:
I cant download promods 2.63 it says i m blocked.
  1. How many files were you trying to download at the same time?
  2. Do you use any download accelerators or download manager?
  3. Are you using a shared or mobile Internet connection?
  4. What web browser are you using?

Axel Slingerland

21 Dec 2022 21:30

I thought of all that, Josh. I actually started to write a post similar to yours, but decided to test the download link first. It's different than it used to be, and as I wrote above, I got that message from only trying it once... Just trying to be helpful. Image
Today has been cancelled. Go back to bed.

ScuL
Founder

23 Dec 2022 10:56

Some browsers try to open 3, 4 or even more simultaneous download streams at the same time. The system then recognises this as abuse and blocks the user for a few hours.
The only way to avoid is trying different browsers or trying to figure out why your browser is downloading so many files at the same time
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information