RoLa Trains in ETS2.

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Rocar 512E

04 Jul 2015 21:21

Here i will present one of my ideas, and it's basically about a new addition in ETS2:

Basically Rolling road trains. They are a type of train in which the truckers are put into special carriagies and the trucks are put into special flatcars. So my idea is that in ETS2 there must be at least 2 RoLa trains, and they also help decongestioning the traffic.

So what do you think?

Horizon™
Developer

04 Jul 2015 21:23

Something similar like Eurotunnel trains? If yes, I will say NO!!!! ... it is more worse than ferries and it skip a lot of roads, looking there you want to make it.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

martinusK

04 Jul 2015 21:53

I generally wouldn't have anything against it, but the routes are quite pointless.
First of all, only two of the cities that ROLA connects exist in ETS2, but they aren't connected. Instead Salzburg is connected with Trieste (ok that may come in a future update) and Maribor is connected to Wels (Austria).

Also, although IRL they might serve a good purpose since Salzburg and Trieste have about 400km in between, then in ETS2 that is quite a "short" journey. It'll take you 12 minutes to drive.

Late edit: 700th post! :D
Last edited by martinusK on 05 Jul 2015 09:38, edited 1 time in total.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

05 Jul 2015 00:14

I think he got this idea from the upcoming addon of Szeged to the map because it has a RoLa connection with Austria (Wells).
I agree with Marinus. The idea itself would be okay if this would not work like the ferries do (gps calculating always the shortest driving distance, not the shortest distance in km's), that would ruin the a huge part of the game. And it would be working just as a bonus feature which you can use if you want so, maybe like an easter-egg, or something similar and not essential like ferries. But I don't think many of us would use these trains anyway, we play this game for the truckdriving experience, RoLa trains have a totally different purpose. (Less road tax, less fuel consumption etc.) (Also they are transporting mostly non-eu trucks, or trailers only)
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Shiva

05 Jul 2015 00:27

RoLa routes, they could be used to connect towns that have no road connections.
"joining 2 map mods that are separated from each other"
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Rocar 512E

05 Jul 2015 05:24

I honestly think they shouldn't be like ferries and trucks on trains are very cool IMO

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

05 Jul 2015 10:35

Actually, trains in-game DO work like ferries. As soon as you implement this train, it will ALWAYS take this "shortcut" on the GPS, which is bad for gameplay. That's why we will not implement these trains.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Rocar 512E

05 Jul 2015 18:07

You don't need to, SCS Should, and they must not think of them as ferries...

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information